Hi all, Hi Niantic if you are reading.
Your wayfarer system is broken, you introduced millions of new players to submit with no real limits, and no real drive to review to help with the huge influx of submissions.
I have submissions made over a year ago that are in the queue, I have submissions that have been "in voting" for 6 months.
You need to either,
*Stop new submissions for pokemon players
*limit the number of submissions everyone can make (2 per 14 days)
*reward reviewing with a submission*
(100 agreements earns you a submission)
Offer a wayfarer event that's actually worth doing.
Seriously it's as if you've forgotten how bad this system is, and it's not good enough. Decent reviewers are stuck on poor/fair rating and their ratings aren't counted towards badges.
Please fix this.
This is the first of the challenges I have participated in. It seems to have been a great success, so far more than doubling the initial goal. I had fun with it personally and am pleased with the upcoming rewards.
These things helped a lot with getting people excited about reviewing:
- Letting people know the actual rewards from the start,
- Being clear that yes, you can change your location back at the end of the event
- Being more responsive/helpful on the forum
Some suggestions I have for making future events even better:
- Logic prioritizing challenge areas - the ideal situation IMO would have a toggle or checkbox that when set to on, only feeds submissions from that area. I frequently had long stretches of no Russian reviews even when I was in the mood to do them.
- Allowing multiple hometown/bonus resets during the course of the event. I and others noticed a steep drop off of Russian reviews after the initial batch in the hometown I chose (so much so that I moved my Bonus to Moscow to keep helping out, even though it may be stuck there for up to a year). Some people chose remote areas and got no Russian reviews at all. It would be good to be able to move around to help out different areas.
- If not the above, then either let us review country-wide for the target country, or at the least a list of target cities/locations with large backlogs that need extra help.
Thanks for reading!
As the title says, we've already smashed the extended goal of 7000 new Wayspots in Russia. Good going, everyone!
When we hit the previous goal of 3000, we as a community were cheeky and asked for extended rewards, and to Niantic's credit, they set us the extended goal with double rewards. So, in the spirit of the previous post, I was thinking 10,000 new wayspots seems like a reasonable target. It would be nice if we got some extra goodies if we reach it. Is the team feeling up to being generous @NianticCasey-ING @NianticGiffard?