Help determining why this is inelligible

I received an ineligible notice this morning for the following stop. It indicated it represented a generic store or restaurant. I can't even begin to understand that response...

Note that this is NOT an entry sign to a private housing development or otherwise. It's a monument to the overall community as you enter. It's next to public buildings such as the sewer and water district and city hall, leading to multiple housing developments, golf courses, the lake, schools, parks, etc. It's most certainly not a generic store or restaurant.

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

My pov is more like no save access. But the path behind the object should also be ok. Its too special to be generic. It should meet criteria. Just submit it again, I would say. Only thing I would change, is to take out the "one of two", this makes it a bit generic.

• OobeBanoobe-PGOOobeBanoobe-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

The photo was taken on a walking path with completely safe access. A quick look in google street view shows this safe access. I put in the one of two comment because I submitted two signs which mark the entry to the community, one on either side of the road, and didn't want to cause confusion. There absolutely nothing generic about these signs if taking the time to review.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Then its bad luck, i would say.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would review the text of your description. I wouldn't call that a "monument", and you have to be careful in the way that you describe them to avoid people that might reject "entrance signs".

I'm bad at writing, some else might suggest a better text.

Whenever you see "generic store or restaurant" you have to understand that people have rejected it as being "generic", it's clear that it's not a store or restaurant.

• spiesr-INGspiesr-ING Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭

Community welcome signs like this generally don't meet the criteria.

If you want this approved then you basically need to provide information showing that it is a historic landmark or a legit work of art made by an actual named artist. If that is not possibly then it simply isn't eligible.