It´s time to go back to reviewing!

Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

-> This is a wake up call for everyone using wayfarer.

If you have submitted things in the last 6-7 month, you surely will find out that your submissions mostly are still in voting, or have not gone into voting at all.

Wayfarer is a system that is based on giving and receiving. You give your time at the PC or Smartphone and review submissions, and thusfor you receive .... well what exactly?

Let us just keep that "Upgrade" out of this, because, as you already found out, can be quite useless.

Hey, you fellow wayfarers out there

-> GO and review! This isnt working out when you just submit, and noone is reviewing!

Niantic surely will one day find out that it is illogical to give free submissions every 14 days to people that JUST SUBMIT. Please, guys and girls, it is wintertime in most parts of the world, get back to your Computers and Smartphones and do at least some reviews each day!

Comments

• DerWelfe2205-PGODerWelfe2205-PGO Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/10140/rant-about-fakes-mostly

This is why I don't review anymore.

I reject fakes --> they get accepted --> my rating drops

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

With no possibility to influence gym selection, for me personally (next upgrade locked, would make a new gym), it'd be... irresponsible to keep on reviewing.

The design choices by Niantic make it hard to participate with a good conscience. Back to hibernation it is, I quess.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah guys, we know it isnt working as it should.

Niantic has crashed this, and it burned.

But please, do some reviews!

• DerWelfe2205-PGODerWelfe2205-PGO Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

What's the point? Fake POI get accepted regardless of how I vote. It's easier to just wait until they are accepted and then write a fake report and have Niantic remove them all at once.

The system is flooded with fakes or garbage and every once in a while there is a good submission in between.

• gazzas89-INGgazzas89-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Tbh I think biantic needs to do a soft reset of wayfarer. Needs to first of all be slightly more rewarding for reviewing, therrs no real reason for people to go out their way to review. Second, they need to re teach everyone on these new guidance, so older and newer reviewers should have to look through the new guidelines and have a new test made up. Finally, they seriously need to rethink the way people abuse the system, bot for edits or locations, but for the way people will just reject everything or accept fakes

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

TBH, a post like this, you are talking to those who do, or did review, so in effect you are preaching to the converted.

Look at the amount of traffic in here. It's low, very low and in no way reflects the huge number of people who are eligeable to submit POI canditates via whatever game they play. If we want to have more reviewers and lower the backlog, then we need to get more of the "never heard of Wayfarer" game players to submit.

Perhaps there really should be some sort of requirement for players reaching the appropriate level to allow them to submit to be involved in reviewing. Perhaps before you are allowed to submit you should a) take the Wayfarer "what makes a good POI" test and then have to review say 100 submissions before you can submit. If you fail the test then you have to wait 1 month before you can take it again.

Second suggestion. Pokemon Go is going to have new Levels arriving from December, and levelling up will be task based, not just "catch lots of Pokemon". Perhaps one or more of those tasks could be "Sucessfully complete 1000 reviews (ie they need to be showing on your Wayfarer "Accepted/Rejected /Duplicate" stats. After a couple of 100 submissions - repeat.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

or just a "get 100 agreements to unlock the submission feature", to show them the criteria, otherwise they wont be a ble to get the 100 agreements.

• WandHerring-PGOWandHerring-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭

Niantic made 2 billions last year with Pokémon Go alone, and 2020 will probably be as lucrative with the introduction of remote passes.

Point is, they have the money to fix this mess, but decide to invest it elsewhere. I'm not gonna force myself to review if I don't feel like it; I have better things to do than to give free labor to a major company dealing with some of the most profitable IPs in the world but still can fix their own system.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

you are totally right, WandHerring-PGO.

Niantic has a stable system, that works, if people are "forced" to review to get upgrades, so they can get their pokestop now and not 2022.

The System itself has its flaws, and should never have gone live when converting from OPR to Wayfarer. They are trying to fix things now, but instead they introduce new things, and not change the core problems.

that has nothing to do with beign a 2-billion-$ company, that has something to do with Executives not investing their time to look into Wayfarer. Instead, theres a "Team" that does the outside, and someone (maybe outsourced) who does the "inside".

At least people should totally ignore the "Upgrade" because it isnt working properly.

That shouldnt stop people from making 10 reviews aday, wouldnt take more than 10 minutes.

The Only real solution to having too many people that Submit but dont review is making the reviewing a must. you dont get upgrades, you get submissions instead. If you reviews Shed, then you get banned. Simple as that.

-> Again, please, people, we know that this here is DOA, but keep up a minimum of reviews. Especially rural places need this. Thank you