Improving number of POI for S2 cells solution and map updates for PoGo.

Hi all, i m a PoGo and Ingress player, i live in a rural area, i think that discussion would be interesting also for city or other scenarios.

All info I would love to share are debates already spoken by a guy that wrote this article:

"Improving wayfarer and PoGo submission"

Particularly i would love to focus on the possible solution of pokestop density inside a S2 cell. I mean more pokestop near each other and an improvement on S2 L17 limitation(of 1 POI x cell).

First to read this article and learn more about this problem,I thought that a S2 L18 was a possible solution, more little space cells then more pokestop appears, but it would remove other pokestop that already exist.

The solution in the article is to spread POI for density (S2 L16)

I love this idea!

I would like to know what are your ideas about.

Last aspect i would like to talk about are water and green areas that are not up to date, that would be useful for make new raid ex gym, new nest and water spawn.

P.s. This is just a feedback, niantic company should be the one that cure technical aspects, algorithms and internal game features, but i would like to start spread that message from here, i haven't seen any other place where to post this as a community feedback (not an individual feedback) to the developers.

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm happy with the current system.

• Kroutpiick-PGOKroutpiick-PGO Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭

While there are a lot of people against the current system based on cells, this has never been officialy recognised by Niantic. You won't get any answer from them even in this forum.

It may not be the best, but I do understand their choice to use a different system than the one used in Ingress which is only based on a 20 m radius.

The pokestop disc is really giant when compared to a portal in Ingress. Your suggestion to reduce radius to 10m is not viable, pokestop discs will show one over another and you won't be able to click on any pokemon without clicking on the wrong thing. Even with the actual 20 m system (if stops are on different L17 cells), it's sometimes hard to click on the good thing without errors because they are too close together.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because the current system doesnt work perfectly for you in terms of stops doesnt mean they should change it. Its quite fine the way it is

• Kasparos347-PGOKasparos347-PGO Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

I'm not. The best places around my village are just missing many pokestops about: being to close to eachother and only being a portal. It makes me sad that my village can't grow cause of this whole system. Like, the oldest historical building just doesn't appear cause it's in a cell with another gym, in the edge!

• Kasparos347-PGOKasparos347-PGO Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

And in the city pokestops are just IN eachother, it makes no sense! It's not fair :(

• 1GYSGHOST-PGO1GYSGHOST-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

Until an early update was possible to edit a pokestop initially submitted in a void S2 L17 cell into a full S2 L17 cell, so having 2 or more pokestops in a S2 L17 cell.

If that was possible in the past then why shouldn't be possible anymore?

If that rule is changed, why those pokestops still exists?

Those edited pokestops still exists that mean that more pokestops can still fit inside one S2 L17 cell today (they just doesn't let us to do it anymore :/) so why the idea above (the post ,considering pokestop for density) would still be bad after those considerations?

P.S. 3d model of pokestop is reliably spinnable even if inside another pokestop near 0 m,just rough but easy, if a pokestop is 10 m from another it's super easy to spin, we shouldn't even think this is a problem because those pokestops already exists and we have tested it in a positive way.😁

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not possible because they have stopped the abuse, and in the newest AMA they've pointed to a possible spring cleaning of invalid wayspots.