Mural in shopping centre

I got a nomination rejected due to:

"The real-world location of the nomination could not be confirmed to have an acceptable pedestrian pathway leading up to it, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria, The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant."

Photo:

Surrounging area photo:

Location is marked as near of the entrance near of the entrance - proper localization, near is a SV, on which the mall entrance is visible. This mural exists since mall opening (i.e. about 19 years)

Mural show market square of city where nomination is created.

What can I improve in it?

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

For the location, create a photosphere which prooves the location. Maybe use weblinks of the mall to Show its safe access. Also, they might have some information and pictures of the painting.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some reviewers have this strange notion that if something is inside and the doors are regularly locked, then it doesn't have "pedestrian access". But neither locked doors nor gates have anything to do with whether an object has pedestrian access.

• Actually, there's SV spheres outside:

so the doors/gates can be compared to the additional photo. I didn't make sphere as many people were walking and I didn't want to take photo of them...

I'm also sad, as I used upgrade for this nomination and now it's lost...

Generally, I wish that some players (I heard that they're often Ingress ones in my country) doesn't accept nominations to stop portal creation. I wish such a cases should be punished

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Take a picture from outside the building but so you can see the painting inside. That should make everything clear

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've made photospheres in places where I couldn't ever possibly wait until all people left -- the world is just such a busy, busy place.

Sometimes that means I just pause in my repeated circling until the specific direction was clear of people. The app doesn't automatically take the pic until you've highlighted the next orange dot. And you can take the pics out of order if necessary, so long as you circle back.

Other times it meant I needed to use the "Add Blur" feature, to obscure faces and/or license plates.

Despite that I look kind of silly standing in a spot circling some 5+ times, to date nobody has asked me what I was doing. They can tell that I'm taking pictures, probably.

Helpful tip: when applying a blur, use the pinch-zoom to magnify the spot as much as possible, so that the least amount of photo possible will be blurred.