Please Help! I need to improve my nomination so that it gets accepted.

Hi, Please help on how to improve my nomination so that it gets approved - this is second time it is rejected and I am not sure why it is so.

Reason for rejection I got is :

Photo is low quality (e.g., pitch black/blurry photos or photos taken from a car), Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria, Insufficient evidence that the nomination accurately reflects the submitted real-world location based on comparison of the submitted photo and map views.

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I believe it's actually a mausoleum/gravestone or something where the person you mention here were buried? Could you tell us any further information about this person and his significance to the area? Otherwise, it's more likely either a private gravestone that no one should enter without permission or a gravestone belongs to someone not historically significant.

And, better not to put any information that are player-dependent in the supporting information. Reviewers might look this as a disrespect to that person.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, it doesnt look permanent. But I have no clue about such shrines.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were you, I'd definitely change the object of the submission photo. Either use a photo of the complete building (like your current supporting photo) or just the sign that states the name of the shrine.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know your culture so I can't judge it properly, but I agree that the main photo doesn't look good to me.

It looks something that has been setup just for the photo, the whole building with the sign might be a better candidate, and take a supporting photo from farther away to show better the location.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me as a reviewer unfamiliar with the culture, this appears to be a piece of fabric draped over a rock. The cut flowers look temporary. The supporting photo appears to be the inside of a place to park a car. I do not mean to be insulting, just letting you know what it looks like to an outsider.

Definitely take the nomination photo from further back, and if that is a sign for the shrine, submit that instead. Take the supporting photo from further back as well, but still showing the sign.

For the description, leave off the first sentence. That makes it sound like a burial site "sensitive location" which the new guidelines say to reject.

For the supporting information, try to keep it around 200 characters. Sometimes reviewers don't see everything written there when it runs too long. I would remove your points 3, 4, and 5. Mentioning that it isn't fake could be making people suspicious. Just say positive things. And for point 2, just say "Please refer to Google Maps". You have the fact that Google Maps is showing this as a shrine in your favor.

I could not pull up a link to any information about a shrine with this name at this location, but if there is one, include the link to that in your supporting information.

I was able to pull up the location on Google Maps, and there is no Street View there to show this exists. You can download the Google Street View app and make a photosphere to place there. Then reviewers will be able to see the area.

Good luck with this!

• BattleTARDIS-PGOBattleTARDIS-PGO Posts: 46 ✭✭✭

I actually think that the full photo gives a better idea of what the nomination actually is. The photo used for the nomination doesn't help reviewers who don't know about this shrine understand what they are looking at as well as the other photo. I would recommend also taking the photo during a time when there is better light. I know that might be difficult since it is a shrine. I hope that you are ultimately successful with this nomination.