Last update of 2020: Wayfarer 3.3
Well, we made it to the final release of 2020: this is Wayfarer 3.3. Thanks for sticking by us and for offering up your feedback and highlighting impactful bugs over the course of the last few weeks.
Here’s what’s new:
- Updates to Showcase: We’ve spruced up the Showcase a bit to better illustrate what makes a Wayspot great, so that you can learn by example. We’re now specifying which eligibility criteria it best fits under, the category and displaying more text from the description. Click or tap on the eligibility criteria info icon to view the actual criteria description.
We’re also excited to celebrate your contributions by displaying your codename in the Showcase, from the game in which you’ve submitted the nomination. You may choose to opt out of codename accreditation at any time, using the toggle in your Settings page (this currently applies to Wayfarer and Pokémon GO).
We have a few more tweaks to the showcase in January, so stay tuned!
- Quiz Updates: As you’ve already noticed, we’ve consolidated and refreshed our Wayspot criteria in a more streamlined and accessible way. We’re now pushing updates to the training experience and quiz with updated videos and quiz questions that align with the revised criteria. If you’ve already taken and passed the quiz, you won’t have to take it again. This update will only impact new Wayfarers, but we thought you should know anyway.
- Update to Rejection Reasons: We’ve removed “Generic” as a rejection reason to reflect the new Criteria.
- Revised category list: We also refreshed and revised the list of categories under the “What is it?” to include many more types of restaurants, businesses, and missing categories like ‘basketball court’.
- Bug fixes: Fixed the issue with the French criteria page links; overflowing ratings bar in Russian on mobile (thank you for reporting)
While Wayfarer 3.3 is our last release of 2020, there’s still more to come this winter in 2021:
- More tweaks to the Showcase to help learn by example
- Boosting reviews in dry voting areas
- 2021 spring-summer roadmap
Happy Holidays, Explorers!