Chain cinemas

Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume most will probably say these aren't allowed, but I figure its worth asking g anyway, because cinemas, chains or otherwise, will be local hotspots and important to the community around them, so might as well see what niantic think

Comments

• ZeldaVV-PGOZeldaVV-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

Good question. Idk.

The ineligible criteria still has "A generic business, chain, or franchise that is not locally unique."

But then the eligible criteria says "A favorite gathering place for friends or strangers alike, where you can share a drink or meal, be entertained, or watch public life happen. Or something that draws us together to share an experience in a locally and culturally relevant way."

I have seen a few movie theaters accepted pre-november2020 because the focus of the submissions was the visually unique architecture (like art deco or Egypt themed).

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

If its the only movie theatre in town id say it is definitely locally unique and a social gathering point

• Toxoplasmolly-INGToxoplasmolly-ING Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

Personally, I'd generally say that chain cinemas are not worthy. To be a Wayspot, something needs to pass the eligibility criteria, pass the acceptance criteria, and not meet the rejection criteria.

Assuming this hypothetical cinema gets past the eligibility and acceptance criteria, as @ZeldaVV-PGO pointed out, it likely meets one of the rejection criteria: "A generic business, chain, or franchise that is not locally unique." (We should make some allowances if this cinema happens to be the only one in what is probably a small town.)