Some questions about Editing

In a lv14 Cell there are 3 Gyms. One of them is in a lv17 Cell with 2 Pokestops. What will happen to the Gym and Pokestops

a) if I move the Gym to another location in the same lv17 cell?

b) if I move the Gym to another lv17 cell (of the same lv14 Cell) which has also another Pokestop(s)?

Will the gym become a Pokestop in any of the above cases? If yes, how it will be decided which Pokestop will become a Gym instead?

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic say that location pins should be on the actual Waypoint. They do not allow pins to be moved away from their (correct) location into another S17 cell just to enable anhother Waypoint to go live in PoGo. Submitting an edit like this and / or asking reviewers to "please choose xxx spot to let another Stop go live" could be considered Abuse and your account may have problems. Only submit an edit if the pin is in an incorrect location.

• Aegae0n-PGOAegae0n-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭

Actually, the Gym is a church and the church is located in the middle of two lv17 cells. So it could actually moved. Ofc I don't intend to sumbit an Edit Location of the Gym. I asked these questions just for my curiosity.

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe right now the cells get re calculated to the proper amount of stops and gyms. This has been a change recently to combat some bad actors. So a moved spot may get downgraded while a another stop gets upgraded.

• 52cucumbers-ING52cucumbers-ING Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭

If the current stop is on the church then you're not supposed to move it, even if the new location is also on the church. Only use the edit function to correct things that are actually wrong.

If you find yourself debating wether you should edit something because you're looking at S2 cells then you should probably just leave everything alone. If you see something that's actually wrong, then fix it. The rest will sort itself out.