Confused

Just wondering how the final say in a nomination happens? Is it by an actual Niantic employee or just another player? I have just had my sons Equestrian Centre turned down as “it appears to be a private farm????” Well, horses need fields. It is a well established centre, it has a website etc. It is a business. When I am reviewing, if I am unsure, I actually google the place that is being nominated, it doesn’t take long and it prevents me wrongly voting against something for the wrong reasons... totally gutted and very disheartened at this. Pokémon Go is a bit hard to play without pokestop.... why are people voting as if we are asking for something made of gold?? Close to just giving up really, my son already has.

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

All reviews will get counted together and then a system decides, whether the submission gets accepted or rejected.

The rejection criteria are taken from all reviews, sorted by its number.

Example:

1. Doesnt meet criteria (4 votes)
    2. Private property (2 votes)
    3. temporaily (1 vote)
    4. not visually unique (1 vote)

the number of votes are unknown, this is just an example. There are rumors, that some submissions (mostly those, who are in the subjective voting area) need more votes than for example a memorial which got rated 5* three times in a row.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reviews are conducted by a group of players from Niantic's games, currently Ingress and Pokemon Go, generally from the same region. Whether a candidate is accepted or rejected is based on the collective consensus of these reviewers as they rate the candidate in a number of category, overall eligibility, historic or cultural significance, visual uniqueness/distinctiveness, safe pedestrian access, and location accuracy. There is no one person who has the final say, but Niantic can overturn an acceptance if the Wayspot is within 20 to 30 meters of an existing Wayspot (done automatically) or the Wayspot meets on or more of the removal criteria.

• PokemonMomBoo-PGOPokemonMomBoo-PGO Posts: 37 ✭✭

I’m just baffled, I mean, a simple proper look at the google maps would show the outdoor arena with the jumps in it and probably even the horses in the fields....the large seriously huge huge sheds would show the stables if zoomed in on and the indoor arena, in fact, if zoomed in on, they would even see the signs at the many entrances 2/3 and the signs inside the property. So surely, being a sport and all the above would show anyone it is a legitimate, longstanding business. I can’t see how so many vote against it then, maybe they should, (obs without saying who did it,) show how each person voted so we could see how it’s wrong... both my turn downs were due to being on private property but both are very well established businesses so I don’t get it...

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would seem that the concensus of the reviewers is that an Equestrian Centre / Business is not an appropriate place for a Waypoint. If it was made into a Gym, would your some be happy with 20 or more people congregating there to raid between 7.00am and 9.00pm?

• KwyjiboHan-PGOKwyjiboHan-PGO Posts: 128 ✭✭✭

Just improve your supporting information to clarify that it is publicly accessible and not a private residence. Supporting links etc.

I would approve an equestrian centre. Horse riding is exercise and a sport. It meets acceptance criteria.

• PokemonMomBoo-PGOPokemonMomBoo-PGO Posts: 37 ✭✭

Either it meets the criteria or it doesn’t, my son doesn’t own it btw, he is a child who used to love pogo... it is not up to the reviewers to decide how anyone would feel at 10 pm, it’s our job to stick to the criteria... the gates of all other sports clubs close, even if the car park closed, which I don’t think it does, there is ample space to stand in as gates are off the road, this is also in the heart of the countryside so there wouldn’t be throngs of people. Following criteria... this and my other nom should have been accepted.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

An equestrian centre offering lessons etc should be eligible under "a great place to exercise"

If you post some screenshots of your nomination we can try to help you improve it in case there is anything we notice that can help. We have all had decent nominations rejected in the past, it's very frustrating, but often if you submit it again it'll be approved in time.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

My God, this is terrible feedback and outright misinformation. Things like this never were, and still aren't, suppodes to be taken into account when reviewing nominations. An equestrian centre is a sporting and/or recreational facility, and therefore generally eligible.

If the owners have a problém with people playing on their property, they can ask for the PoI to be removed. But this shouldn't concern us reviewers.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'n not offering "feedback and outright misinformation". I'm posing a question about people congregating on site. As for the rest, if it's been rejected then, as I said, the consensus among those people who reviews the submission was that it did not qualify as a Waypoint.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Id say re submit this poi with better supporting info. If its a facility the public can use even with pay admission its still eligible if it promotes exercise. Some things just need better pictures and such