Am I Missing Something Here?

I thought gyms were eligible. I nominate this and get an email saying this

"This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

Insufficient evidence that the nomination accurately reflects the submitted real-world location based on comparison of the submitted photo and map views, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria."

Am I wrong or are the reviewers? Anything I could change and resubmit?

Comments

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gyms are eligible. This appears to be a gym chain from a quick google search, so you are really going to have to sell the local aspect of it. Don't mention the plenty of parking, etc. in your supporting photo. If there is some kind of article about the importance to the community you can link to, give that instead. Since this is a business, this section under Criteria - Content Guidelines would apply:

Local Businesses

Generally speaking, local businesses that are considered long-standing watering holes, favorite hyper-local hangouts, or even more regionally recognized as a cultural hotspot, fall under the eligibility criteria of Explore and can be submitted for consideration and review. For submitters, since this is a subjective judgement call the reviewers must make, do utilize the supporting text and images to strengthen your case.

(I have no idea why pasting that changed my font I started with and can't figure out how to fix it.)

Don't worry too much about the exact reasons given for rejection since they try to send a prepared answer that kind of goes with the reasons for rejection. If Google Maps does not show this business, though, you can use the Google Street View app to create a photosphere to place there to let people see it exists.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah do a photo sohere, also small business are very hit or miss to pass you may have to submit multiple times to get it to pass. Being a chain if its the only gym in your whole town its considered unique. If there are 3 gyms it stands less of a chance

• spiesr-INGspiesr-ING Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭

Traditionally this type of gym was held to not inherently meet the exercise criteria but instead to be a generic business. (As stated in one of the now sort of defunct AMAs.)