Changed my bonus location, still seeing submissions from the previous one

Long story short, I was in Germany last year as an Erasmus student, and I decided to set my first Bonus Location there, because at the time I didn't know the current location was also taken in consideration.

But now, one year later, I changed both my Bonus Location and my place of residence (currently in Portugal) and I'm still seeing a majority of the submissions I review being from Germany/the Netherlands/Belgium.

Is there any particular reason for this? Is my current location (or the Bonus Location setting) not being considered?

Thank you

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you're in lockdown situation, try to spin some Pokestops in your current place, now?

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a small Ingress acc, which is connected to your PoGo and wayfarer login? Maybe the place, where you did the last ingame action with that account is still active...

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,086 Ambassador

@theElement13-PGO - what @Raachermannl-ING is getting at is that you receive a significant amount of nominations to review based on your "active" play area. Any Ingress account, no matter the level or activity, tends to take priority for that play area.

If you ever made an account, I'd suggest going out and playing a little - hack a Portal, deploy on one, attack one if there's one nearby.

One other thing - what does your "Featured Wayspot" screen show? This is usually partially relative to your current review area and should update to your activity.

• Thank you for the feedback; I did create an Ingress account and briefly played the game while in Germany, but I ended up deleting the app shortly after.

The "Featured Wayspot" screen always shows a nomination from Germany, so your assumption is correct.

I've re-downloaded Ingress and played a bit more on it, let's hope my location is updated on Wayfarer. Thanks!

• MessiPy-INGMessiPy-ING Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

You only have to play more in your area in ingress and pokemon go so that little by little the algorithm is assigned more and more orders in your area

• I had plenty of Pokemon Go activity in my area, but none of Ingress, which seemed to be the issue. Now that I've downloaded Ingress and played for a little bit, it looks like the problem is solved :) Thanks everyone