Am I doing something wrong or just bad luck of nominators?

Good morning and a happy new year to all!

In October I reached level 40, I've only just started nominating Pokestops in my nearby park. I was on a good streak and managed to get a few pokestops added and the park got its first gym, I then renamed the gym to include the word 'park' and hey presto, it became EX RAID.

Now my luck seems to of turned to the negative side. I've had a few rejected and I'm not sure why...

My first one is a Wooden Marker post that marks the entry to Daisy Dip Park, the first time it got rejected was on the grounds of "Generic Business or Restaurant" and no further information provided. So a few days later when I revisted the area, I checked the distance from the nearest Pokestop, which is across the road, it is just outside the 20 meter range for ingress (I do play it) and I checked that it is in its own cell as seen below. I thought GREAT!, I can submit this and it will pass.

Then it got rejected, this time as a "Duplicate". I thought to myself, they're not even checking the photo or street view as per the guidelines. The one across the road has a bus stop behind it (see second image below). This image is now in Ingress as an alternative picture to the stop across the road.

I name them after the compass direction to avoid any confusion over duplicates, even though the pictures should be more than enough to say they're in different locations. Also 2 of the 4 are already accepted in Ingress & Pokemon Go. I did submit a third one but that too was rejected but I will not be resubmitting that one as it won't appear in either game as its within 20 meter rule of ingress and a pokestop already belongs in that cell.

Now for my second submission.

If I recall, footbridges are now accepted as part of Pokemon Go as of October 2019 (Correct me if I'm wrong?). So again I thought "Great, I'll head down to the park again and submit some more". There is a wooden sleeper footbridge that follows the Bassett Greenwood Trail. It got rejected on the grounds of "Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria". Sadly some of the bridge rails got stolen for scrap metal overnight but that is a different story for a different day.

I have started adding the link to the trail, which mentions the "boardwalks and sleeper bridges" to the description but by the time I got home to add it to the footbridge one, it had already gone into voting. But this is the link I refer to now in new nominations along the trail: https://www.southampton.gov.uk/people-places/parks-open-spaces/wildlife-greenways/greenways/bassett-wood-greenway.aspx the link also contains another link highlighting the park and woodlands.

I have even created a few sphere photos acround these locations, which can be found on Google Maps.

This is the photosphere of the footbridge as above: https://www.google.com/maps/@50.9416732,-1.3899939,3a,75y,286.94h,91.41t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipPVJpdKm89z9KpaKmzyDfcG7-ESrAoZKGyXkL3b!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPVJpdKm89z9KpaKmzyDfcG7-ESrAoZKGyXkL3b%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya17.280975-ro-0-fo100!7i10240!8i5120

If any further advice on what I so should do/add/remove to make these more noticeable to reviewers, it would be most welcome.

Thank you :)

Comments

• TWVer-INGTWVer-ING Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the park signs, if they are only a little over 20m away from each other, I can understand them being marked as duplicates. The sign in itself is not eligible. It can be used to represent the park. If they would be a considerable distance away from each other, like on opposing sides of the park, or at different entrances, that should be okay.

For the footbridge, if it is expected to be used as part of a trail, it should be eligible. When nominating that bridge, you have to find a way to prove that bridge is expected to be used as part of a trail, like a link to a map of the trail, or a supporting picture that includes the bridge and a trailmarker for the trail.

Another problem with the footbridge is many reviewers wrongfully think that everything has to look "special". So some people will probably wrongfully reject it for looking "generic". Sadly there is nothing you can do about that at this time.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

agreed with @TWVer-ING for the park sign.

for the footbridges you may have a more difficult time passing them as they were named in October Ama’s but with the new criteria 3.1 overhaul they arent specifically mentioned anymore

• CopperChick-PGOCopperChick-PGO Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

I want to know what program you are using in your screen shots? I have seen the Ingress map and it looks nothing like that and I don't see pokestop or gym symbols when I review.

But despite the rejections (we all get them on good submissions) looks like you are doing a great job. My two biggest heartache rejections were the fountain at an apartment complex surrounded by sidewalks that was rejected for no pedestrian access, and the pergola at a hotel that I spent $500 to stay at that was rejected for private property.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I saw all of these in review. There is at least one "Daisy Dip" sign in the system already as a Waypoint that shows up as a "Nearby POI" on the review screen. Your submission was identical in apperance but in a different location not that far away. Niantic have said park entrance signs like this should be marked as duplicates unless there is a lot of distance between them.

The footbridge. nothing special, no trail marker signs. 1* - The object is mass-produced, generic, or not visually unique or interesting.

• Zeo2113-PGOZeo2113-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭

Follow this guide and it will help you. I prefer doing it on Firefox Web browser. Chrome seems to be hit and miss for me, not sure if it's down to the amount of add-ons I already have for it.

Thank you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/9fn61y/tutorial_pogo_s2_plugin_for_ingress_intel/

• Zeo2113-PGOZeo2113-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭

The problem with marking it as a duplicate, people can now vote for that duplicate picture on Ingress and change the picture of the portal/stop, which wouldn't match. Not aimed at you but towards the system, if it was "Too Close", then the system should of picked up on it, rather than leave it to a reviewer but as it was 20m+ away, the system wouldn't of picked it up. 🤷‍♂️

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they look almost the same and the only difference is the location, being both signs for a park you're gonna have a hard time to get the second one approved.

Some people will mark it as duplicate, others will state that it's not visually unique, you're gonna need a bit of luck.