What are the rules according to the new criterias considering permanent resting areas?

In the trail next to home, there's permanent stone benches and picnic tables that are pretty neat resting areas. They would be the perfect places to just sit down and use lures. I wonder if according to the new criterias, they would be elligibles?

Of course I won't ask for a random wooden bench that people can just switch place, but I wonder about it

Comments

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a place to be social with others it should be eligible if you sell it as that. I’d also try to make sure you mention how these are not moveable benches as well.

I would skip any references to any particular game in any supporting info as well

May be a hard sell to get benches approves as most will say its a mass produced item but by definition they should fit the specified criteria. If you have a link and its just in a park with no sign I’d try to show the link to that park and the benches/picnic table can be the anchor for the poi

• WandHerring-PGOWandHerring-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭

I think it really depends of the available accommodations. Is it just a couple of benches and tables, or is there more to it? Does it have something to provide shelter from sun or rain, public lounge chairs (in wood or stone), a barbecue...? The bigger it is and more features it has, the easier it would be to present it as a meaningful place of social gathering. As far as I know, there's no well-defined line when benches and picnic tables stop being considered generic features and become more, so it will be up to the reviewers interpretation.