Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Superb job! Your contributions are game-changers! === 4 days ban

Hello!

For the last month I got the 4-days ban for the second time, BUT there're no obviously reasons for that.

I've been voting manually, I didn't vote too much (both times before the ban I voted for a less then 1 hour, and not the each day), I set a different stars depends of the nomination, I have a 'fair' rate, I almost always try to set the category, even if it's not necessary.

And after all of this I got the nothing-meaning message like 'Nice work! Swing by later for more reviews!' or 'All done for now. See you again soon!' or 'Good exploring. See you next time!' or 'Superb job! Your contributions are game-changers!'. It looks like it means I'm voting good BUT actually it means 'Hold on and wait for a 4 days'.

I believe it's the wrong behavior, and also getting the 'good job' message together with 4-day ban is quite terrible and unfriendly.

Thanks.

8 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• rodensteiner-INGrodensteiner-ING Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭

yes, but Niantic has set up some Honeypot-Submissions.

They show you a submission they already reviewed (after their rules and standards). If you vote too different, you will your rating going down/and/or see these notices.

The "wrong behaviour" isnt on Niantics side, it is your behaviour that doesnt reflect Niantics standards.

Trainer! Go and re-read the rules!

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is not a 4 day ban, but a message that you completed reviewing all nominations assigned to you. There simply isn't an indefinite number of nominations in the system despite what some may believe and you only get assigned to review a portion of them. There will be fewer nominations to review in the future as lockdowns get reinstated by local communities do to the upsurge in COVID cases.

• Kroutpick-PGOKroutpick-PGO Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

This has never been recognised as being a cooldown or a "ban" even if some may have speculated about it.

A cooldown has the message : "A Cooldown has beed activated" + a certain amount of hours to wait.

In either cases, make sure you always review accordingly with criterias; don't go too fast (never go under 20 seconds even if it's a clear rejection or duplicate); dont review with star patterns (don't always give 5*); alternate reviewing and reading this forum, etc.

Otherwise, as TheFarix said, you simply reviewed all available and assigned nominations.

never happened here. guess Niantic will know who they assign to rate indefinate and who should only rate a few.

• KDetected-PGOKDetected-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited January 1

That is not a 4 day ban, but a message that you completed reviewing all nominations assigned to you.

Yes, it looks like as you say, but obviously it's a four days ban. There're always a lot of new nominations visible from here, and from other cities from the other part of my country. It's just impossible there're not the one of them for a 4 days in a row, and infinite of them after that.

A cooldown has the message : "A Cooldown has beed activated" + a certain amount of hours to wait.

Yes, I know this message, and when it is, it's obvious the cooldown and you know the time. But this message 'good job' that prevents you to vote for a 4 days (I googled the same notices from the other guys and I involuntarily checked it on practice) is another thing, and it's terrible UX.

yes, but Niantic has set up some Honeypot-Submissions

This makes sense, thank you. I remember before that 4-days ban I saw the same nominations I already voted before. And yes, I can set a different scores to them. Not absolutely different, but +-1 star, just because there're no absolute iron guidlines if the nomination is 4* unique and it has 3* cultural sense. And of course I don't remember all votes I did.

That's weird.

If you vote too different, you will your rating going down/and/or see these notices.

I don't vote too different, as I said, I can set 3-4 stars.. And my rating is 'fair'. And I believe much better is to show where I'm wrong, like show the nomination and tell 'look, you set 5* here for unique, but 87% other persons set it to 2*', then just set a cooldown or few days ban. But it's the thing for another discussion I guess

In either cases, make sure you always review accordingly with criterias; don't go too fast (never go under 20 seconds even if it's a clear rejection or duplicate); dont review with star patterns (don't always give 5*); alternate reviewing and reading this forum, etc.

I'd keep it in mind, thank you!

• KDetected-PGOKDetected-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited January 2

(duplicate, removed)

Post edited by KDetected-PGO on

i am still in awe that there are that many folks out there that interpret things drastic different.

from my experience there are alot things in Wayfarer that are not known, so everyone comes up with different interpretations.

• this isnt rocket science. if you are submitting, and reviewing, you will easily find the sweet spots and things to avoid.

well, now it happened to me, too.

So whats this? I cant review since 2 days now.

Why? Does Niantic rather want me to do not contribute to getting off the backlog?

This is insane.

• Agent739107-INGAgent739107-ING Posts: 20 ✭✭

Hello. I have the same situation as these bug reports. I started getting this symptom around 9:30 PM(JST) on January 8, 2021.

• sandra180303-PGOsandra180303-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello together, same problem here. Unfortunately I can't rate any other wayspots either.

• TheZodiac007-PGOTheZodiac007-PGO Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited January 11

Had it happen awhile back after reviewing only one submission

I was about to start reviewing, but after the first submission I got this message.

• PhiloSo66-INGPhiloSo66-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

Can you confirm that you can review again after 4 days and the your statut did not go down (fair, poor, etc.)?

i was able to review after 4 days, and i still have the best possible rating

Yes, I can confirm this behavior. Now after 4 days I can finally review again and my status didn't go down.

• EvieEvolved-INGEvieEvolved-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 16

I have had this happen to me three times in the past month. I had several four-hour cooldowns before November but not since then. Wayfarer seems to have changed the cooldown punishment. It didn’t impact my rating and I could review again after a couple of days.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 210 ✭✭✭

**** has had this since Thursday. It is Sunday now. Many of my nominations have gone into voting since, but he hasn't had any of them routed to him because he is still getting the error.

• "Your contributions are gamechangers!" is a false statement because you are not letting them contribute any further when others can.
    • "Swing by later for more reviews!" makes it sound indefinite because there will ALWAYS be more to review.
    • "Good exploring!" makes no sense because it's Wayfarer, and for the most part people are just doing this at their desk.

Would like some more transparency as to what this actually is, because this seems to be an error.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 210 ✭✭✭

Jesus Christ, that word was m.a.t.e. Strongly dislike this unnecessary filter. Are you really trying to completely censor a central part of Australian slang?