How to rate this nomination?

While nominating, I came across this POI and I'm really not sure what to do with it.

How would you rate this? Someone clearly nominated ALL the trees on some rural road (can't see the trees on Google maps either). Eligible since they do have an informational sign placed next to it...

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

its eligeble. If this is a fake, all others are fake aswell. Try googling for educational trail (name of the village), this most likely helps reviewing.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have checked the name of the POI and looked for a similar picture but I couldnt find anything. The educational trail is propably correct and not faked.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

The signs appear to all be different, so no problem with them being "Visually Unique". Looks a good nomination to me - would accept.

• AgentCubebot-INGAgentCubebot-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭✭

Question: Wouldn't the "educational trail" would be 1 item and not every sign? You would visit the path and walk it as one unique experience.

There is a garden here made by the Iris Society, every bed has 5+ different Iris varieties and each has a sign giving the name of the Iris variety, which member cultivated it, and a story about it. That sounds like 1 submission "Iris Society Garden," not one for each plant.

When is it 1 thing and when it is one for each item?

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you nominate a golf course for example. You generally nominate the whole course itself not every hole.

in this example if each information sign is different and has different information on each one it. They are each eligible.

for the garden example. The iris society garden would be good for 1 nomination. The information on the flowers may be eligible depending what info is there. If its simply the flowers name then its not eligible. If its something we can learn from it may be eligible but based on 20m spacing you will most likely only get 1-2 in the game anyways.

• NoelleXandria-PGONoelleXandria-PGO Posts: 50 ✭✭

If each sign is allowed to be counted as unique, then someone had better go to the Portland Rose Garden. There are over 600 types, all with small signs. Of course you go to the garden as a single experience, not to go see one particular rose, so nominating each would be silly. Or zoos. Why not nominate the lions' den, the elephant area, etc.? If something is part of a singular overall experience, it seems like it should be the same thing, at least, in my humble opinion. If there were to be a memorial in there somewhere, or a gazebo, then maybe that would be something different. But a short path with a bunch of different small signs saying what each kind of iris is? That opens a pandora's box.

• ViceGrip24-PGOViceGrip24-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

I think the difference between this and the aforementioned Portland Rose Garden is the fact that the rose garden is one area (probably fenced off with one entrance), whereas this is out in the open where you need to find the trail yourself. Granted, this one is in a straight line and not difficult to find. But compare this to a walking trail around my village which has ~30 poems on signs placed along it. You would want to find each and every one of them to not miss out on the trail (just like with these trees), which is why having all of them in the game would be useful. But once you've entered the Portland rose garden, that's it, you've found all the flowers and you can easily find your way.

In my opinion, all of the trees would be eligible. And if the trees would've been placed around a lake on a larger area and on a trail more difficult to walk (instead of just a straight line), most people would want them to be in the game I feel like. Yes, the trees are one experience, but they are out in the open, along a trail, for you to find (like the poems around my town). As opposed to the Portland Rose Garden, which is an enclosed experience, I assume.