Rural places with no "pedestrian walkways"

Hi!

I was just curious about the consensus of places like these, considering the "pedestrian access" criteria. Is this considered eligible? I mean there is no clear pedestrian walkway leading to it but obviously if that would always be a concern, that would rule out 90% of places of small villages since those places often dont have paved walkways or even walkways at all yet people living there still manage to get from point A to B on foot

Thanks

Comments

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

Barring anything unusual that's not shown in the photo, I would 100% consider this to have safe pedestrian access. That said, there are definitely reviewers who want to see a sidewalk, but I don't agree with that kind of requirement.

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

There are plenty of locations without sidewalks, simply because there is no need for one. If you can walk to, and stand by the location without being hit by traffic, it is ok. This is good example of such a place. It's safe.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7

This is my number one reason for having things rejected: objects can be safely walked to but it's not paved... so people (without using their critical thinking skills) reject instantly. I am often in rural areas nominating objects, so an official word from Niantic would not go amiss and would really help. I would accept @waxyG-PGO's nomination but there's a lot of people who lack the acumen to be good reviewers.