Nomination subject

What is your favorite object/building to nominate

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

information signs and playgrounds. Both are beautiful candidates and existe everywhere.

Also statues/sculptures, churches (or any other type of relligious building) are great aswell.

The most interesting objects are stumbling stones, because you can research the history of the person, the stumbling stone should remember. That is always very interesting.

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Street art, specifically murals. Apart from that...

This is a bit vague, but objects with history that isn't accessible to read on the spot (via information signs and such). I love it when I encounter a possible wayspot candidate and research it online and suddenly stumble on really interesting information on it. Love making wayspots that are truly educational and offer something to players apart from gameplay items.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Urban artwork.

I live in an area that is filled with incredibly vibrant murals, many of which are created by and celebrate the local community. The artwork is rich, diverse, and incredibly beautiful. 333 Arts, formerly Dragon School 99, is one of the organizations working to create this art, and has several samples.

Beyond that I look for quirky, interesting, historic things that are unique and represent the culture and history of the area I'm in. I look for things that I would be delighted to come across if I was visiting an area.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Local "hidden" history in my neighbourhood. For example old metal smith forge that is still in business and park pond constructed in English style from the early 1900th century. Both required many tries to get through but was worth it.

For game play opportunities, sports parks/fields and nature trails.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

Honestly things that I can get accepted without a fight are a draw for me... Like playgrounds, informational/educational signs and artwork. I love creating new waypoints, but getting them rejected for silly reasons before being accepted makes the process annoying and stressful rather than informative and fun.

The things I most want to nominate are things to improve play in parks, because in my area the best place to play from a density perspective is the town centre, which is too busy for my tastes. So I've worked hard on the local parks and they're really good now! I'd always rather add to a park than a busy place with traffic or lots of people.

My proudest one is finally getting my first ever footbridge approved, I always love getting gifts from that one because I like the picture of it a lot, and it's in the park.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Historic buildings as it allows me to share local history. I find it sad that many locals don't even know the rich history of their local communities.

• NoelleXandria-PGONoelleXandria-PGO Posts: 50 ✭✭

Since I don't want to have to venture so far away, I really don't have anything to nominate. I live in a dense suburban neighborhood that doesn't have "street art" because there's no place for it. The only statue on public property I've found is a bird bath that was permanently placed after the last Streetview a couple years ago (so it'll probably get denied since I'm not going to go make a whole photosphere thing and feel the egos of people here who are so much more stringent than Niantic and expect unreasonable measures--I honestly have no respect for those reviewers who've decided that submitters need videos and links and satellite images and whatnot, and think that Niantic needs to slap those reviewers and tell them to stop expecting extraordinary measures, especially in surburban and rural areas that already don't have many or any stops and are less likely to have recent Streetviews). Most of this neighborhood doesn't even have sidewalks. Pedestrians can still safely walk, but that's even less chance for there to be anything of note.