Some feedback on this nomination would be welcomed

Hi everyone.

I'd like to understand why a submission like this was rejected, as unfortunately the rejection emails in Spanish don't give you the reason and I really thought it would be a good addition. Since the wayspot isn't located in my hometown, opportunities to resubmit it aren't many but to be honest as a reviewer I'm kind of bored of seeing that almost everything submitted is a grafitti, a playground or a some old auto repair shop converted into a church.

Comments from Argentinean reviewers would be specially useful.

Thanks in advance

The title is "Mentawaii surf school in Miramar" and the description adds that the waypont is the cabin where the school operates from. The pin is locaed on the structure. The supplemental information says "Located in a public beach and accesible year round, is a gathering point for the surfer community of Miramar. The structure can be seen clearly in satellite pictures." and gives the link to more info on the school.

Comments

• 0CMart-PGO0CMart-PGO Posts: 4

Blurry picture?

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

It isn't exactly blurry, but it's the best I could do within the constraints of the game app, which doesn't allow you to do any post processing of the photo to improve it and has a tendency to crash when using the nominate pokestop feature to boot.

Furthermore, it might be just me but I think we should be evaluating the PoI on its merits, not on the artistic skills of the photographer. Short of a picture so bad you can't identify the PoI, it shouldn't be rejected.

• HannesTheHammer-PGOHannesTheHammer-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭

Most definitely the photo. Blurry and taken during sunset. I love surfing, so it is cool to see such a famous spot in PoGo!

The sunset picture is almost unavoidable. During the summer (which is when, unsurprisingly, I head for the beach) the area will be full of people during daytime and the photo would be rightly rejected for showing faces. As it was, by 8 pm the beach was mostly empty and even then I had to retake the picture a couple of times because people kept entering the frame. The other option would be during sunrise, which would be even worse as the camera will be facing the sun and the cabin would be completely obscured.

There are a couple of surf-related spots in the area. I also nominated an access to the beach where surfers congregate but I don't have high hopes it will be approved as it's not distinctively marked in any way and only locals would know and recognize the place.

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭

It's a beach, why not just walk up to the structure and take a better photo? After all, you did say it was accessible year-round.

Currently it looks like the photo was cropped from the supporting photo, or was taken from the carpark.

Also more information in the description about why this surf school is notable would be helpful.

Why not walking up to the cabin? Honestly... because a bag of groceries. I went to the supermarket and I was coming back when I saw the opportunity to take the picture as the beach was mostly empty. I don't know if it would be possible in Ingress or with other phones but there's no way to crop pictures in the Pokemon Go app when you submit the nomination, only to use the zoom.

• JohnnyAlphaCZ-INGJohnnyAlphaCZ-ING Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

My first though was that it was just a lifeguard hut. You really need to get close enough to show some kind of signage saying that it is a surf school. At the moment, the photo is a silhouette of a beach hut that could be anything.