It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Sign In with Ingress Sign In with Pokémon GO
Please make edit available in the Wayfarer website for their follow up.
I don’t mind to help either. This link is also very helpful @RadWolf91BP-PGO https://sites.google.com/view/percygreen
It would be great to see my edits on Wayfarer - but please do NOT automatically apply upgrades to them! Many of us save upgrades and then go out and nominate wayspots.
ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY CHANGES FOR WAYFARER!!!
1. Change of term:
- The term "Portal" or "PokéStop" must be changed to "Wayspot" in the Respective games.
Most PoGo Players still don't know Ingress Prime and think Wayfarer is only used to create PokéStops. In 9 out of 10 Submissons, it is mentioned that more PokéStops are needed.
2. A better explanation for the surrounding photo / Additional photo:
- The Text only states that you need a photo of the area around the POI and NOT that you need a photo of the area WITH the POI.
This leads to the fact that you often/sometimes only get Photos of the surrounding WITHOUT the POI and then cannot locate/verify them ....
3. Better translations:
- The Translation from English to German is a total disaster. Whether it is the criteria or the reasons for a rejection. As a result, these are completely incorrectly applied or used in a inflationary Männer, like "Generic Business" Back then.
- The fact is that too many reviewers decide at the first glance at the wayspot photo to reject it and Do not have a look at the Rest of the Submisson at all because you can reject it directly.
So the Button for rejecting has Go all the way Down (like the picture), next to the Button for acceptinng, so that you can See the rest of the Submisson on the way there.
It would be even better if you MUST give 1☆ in every category in order to be able to decline, just as you have to give ☆s in every category in order to able to evaluate a Submisson. This is also prevents, and even better, the fact that you can simply reject a Submisson in general, regardless or whther it is justified or not.
- In addidtion to the Submissons, there should be also be the option to see which edits are currently being processed. While it took between 3-5 days to process something in Ingress in 2019, it now takes months (12 Months or more, due to the many edits). Certainly because of the dead cells and that i an imposition.
- There MUST be a Filter for the wayspot photo. In Ingress it is not so important But especially in PoGo & Harry Potter Wizzards Unite, where the Photos are cropped, you need these Filters to directly check whether they are central and have the focus on the object. A lot of Photos would have to be rejected for their appearance alone, because they simply Look bad/cannot be used later in the game.
7. Upload more supporting pictures:
- This Point Supports point 2.
1 Supporting photo for a Wayspot is not enough. There MUST be the possibility to upload more than 1 photo in order to better locate and support the Wayspot. At the Moment you must upload collages in order to be able to give the Reviewers the necessary information and ways, so that they are pushed to properly check and have everything important in mind.
- In addition to (point 7) other supporting Photos, you should be able to include one or more links for Support, because there is not enough space in the Text Box with 280 signs. But So you can prove a local Restaurant, a registered Monument or oters.
9. Progress of the Submissons in Voting:
- Due the priority cells and the dead cells, one canot weight up exactly how long a Submisson needs to be evaluated. Fore me personally, it somtimes takes over 1 year (thanks for that 👍🏻). So it would be good to know how far a Submisson is and whether it is worthwhile to apply an Upgrade to certain Submisson or to leave it in the vote without an Upgrade. We should be give a little more transparency.
- There is a medal for the review BUT why is there no medal for created wayspots (portals/pokéStops)? This would further motivate players to submit "good" wayspots.
- I know you want to give everyone a Chance to submit wayspots. In the maintime, however it is getting out of Hand that reviewers reject everything one after the other in order to receive the points for an Upgrade, but trampling on the system in the process.
Similar to the points for the Wayfarer Medal, the points for an Upgrade should only be given if you are at least in the "Good" area, so that reviewers who are in the "Fair" & "Poor" area have to work their way up. More effort would be put into evaluating and the quality would increase significantly.
12. Submissons & Upgrades
In my oppinion, the whole Wayfarer System should be turned completely upside Down.
The free Submissons should be deleted, you should work out a Submisson by reviewing, which means that the Upgrades would then be = the Submissons! That would bring a lot of advantages.
- Fewer Submissons that would be processed faster (so you don't need any more Upgrades)
- No fake Submissons because nobody would Review to submit a fake.
- You could lower the Level Limit further (for example Level 30) to attract more reviewers.
- I think we don't have to talk about the S2/S17 Cells, they are unfair for all n unnecessary, I think everyone knows. And you don't need to be told that you are creating a 2Class society.
I really hope that the points will be taken into the system, because at least you should also be out to make this system better !?
Great post. I agree with most (if not all) of this.
9. This is a difficult one for 2 reasons.
First, Niantic likes to keep their processes hidden. Being able to see the progress would give us a lot of insight into the review process. They probably don't want that.
Second, as I understand it, the Wayfarer process is like a set of tennis, without a tie-break. The first player to reach 6 points wins the set, unless the other player already has 5 points. If the difference between the players is less than 2 points, they continue playing until the difference is 2 points. Same thing with reviewing. If the difference between yes an no votes is to small, more reviews are needed. It is hard to represent that on a progress bar. People would get confused why the percentage goes down again sometimes.
10. There used to be a medal for submitting portals in Ingress ("Seer"), but it was retired because Niantic couldn't handle the amount of nominations it caused. This was even before OPR existed, when Niantic reviewed every nomination themselves. It is likely that such a medal would encourage people to submit just about anything they encounter, just for the medal. We would probably see even more bad nominations if such a medal would exist.
☝🏻 I forgot one more important point !
Especially in places like Parks or forests, but also on streets, you can almost always not locate Submissons such as signs, Power boxes or sculptures. Yes, in the Test we learn to distribute 3☆ if we are not sure but the object can be there.
However, since the objects are valid POIs in themselves, counterfeiting occurs en Masse in these locations. The street view on Streets is also often not up-to-date. In order to guarantee the accuracy and whether the object really exists, there should be a street view / 360° photo obligation.
In addidtion, apart from the Streetview App, you don't need any Additional external Equipment. It may take a few Minutes longer, but in order to submit a good quality Submisson, this is a necessity. In addidtion, the faking of Wayspots is at least made more difficult / minimized.
Thanks for your attention.
@NianticAaron @NianticCasey-ING @NianticGiffard @NianticMac-ING ....
I would love to see the following:
The possibility to add a second support photo would be great.
I've submitted 4 by just telling Google Photos to make a collage and then uploading that from my phone. You have to submit from Ingress though, since PoGo doesn't let you pick from your camera roll.
I wish it would let us upload a short video instead of a second support photo. We may not even need the first supporting photo with a short video
I try to progress in ingress but it seems too long and this game is boring when there is no other ingress player in the same area. So it's not a solution for me.
A short video could be a solution in some cases, but in other case, be able to add a second support image would be very usefull. For example for trail markers, with a second support image (uploadable from the wayfarer website) we could directly proove the trail marker is a real trail marker, by showing the entire trail on a map.
It's not the only situation where a second support image would be great. I recently submit QR code in forest, with grant acces to a digital information sign. With a second support image i would be able to directly show the digital information sign, instead of uploading it on a third party website and link it.
I wish they would come up with something to make life a little bit easier for those of us that are actually trying
Well, there are apps for Android 10 and below that will let you select pictures from your phone instead of forcing you to take a new one. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on Android 11 any more because Google forces the default camera app now.
I had the same park, with the same text, rejected twice, and accepted on the 3rd try. It's a rooftop park, but this is Tokyo, so it shouldn't surprised people that much. I'm pretty sure the difference was the better collages I made on the 3rd try, since I had a photosphere on street view (since of course regular streetview doesn't show you the rooftop), and I didn't change anything else about my nomination...
Another feature that I'd like to see:
I honestly don’t see them doing this though because then they would be basically just telling Niantic the same thing that they’re telling reviewers. There’s an option to report while reviewing edits. If you believe that they’re manipulating the system in any way you can report the edit to Niantic. The reason people write that in their edit is because reviewers can’t see street view the way that they can when they’re reviewing a nomination. It shows the map from above & we basically have to guess where the POI should be while reviewing. If it would show street view while reviewing edits it would be more helpful because then we would also have access to photosheres as well & people wouldn’t have to type (don’t choose this or moved to this location) because then they could see the POI from above instead of from
satellite view. Hope this helps
You are correct. If a street view and/or a photosphere are available, let us view it because it would make things a bit easier.
Fingers crossed 🤞 we see this feature added soon. It really would be extremely helpful & I am very grateful of you @jokeinsurance-PGO for bringing it up. It’s ideas like that that change the entire platform & make it a better version of itself
You can drop pegman around the proposed locations to see the streetview / photospheres of each one.
Never works for me. I wish it were backwards & showed photospheres & street view first if they’re available. It might be too much to ask though. I think it’s more of a Google problem & less of a Niantic problem. If Google would update their maps life would be so much easier
There is a street view app that you can download though so I guess that will have to do for meow 😸
If there are photospheres or streetview and you're doing a location edit review you should be able to interact with the map, and dropping pegman (the yellow man) is one of those features. Are you reviewing on mobile?
When you're reviewing location edits, there are at least two proposed locations, so where should start the streetview location?
"Jetzt live: Upload-Management für Pokémon GO - Wayfarer" https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/16543/now-live-upload-management-for-pokemon-go#latest
Great, this function is completely unnecessary and not if what WE need. I made ideas for improvements, such as more uploadable Additional Photos, adding links and other New functions in a Post a few posts above. In addidtion, this function is NOT available in Ingress Prime as described here, it relates to scanning. Why can't you adjust it like Ingress Prime, where you can conveniently submit a Submisson from the comfort of your home. This is a Real waste of resources.
I’m using mobile. The Pegman feature has never worked for me. I knew that was what it was supposed to do but it’s never worked. While reviewing edits I tried to move it to areas where street view should have been present but it just doesn’t work which is strange. I’ve got an IPhone through Verizon. Regardless though it helped me learn & gain experience in street view from having to use it so much which helps a lot when helping to teach locals who are eager to learn the basics of how to submit perfect nominations. Street view is key because of how helpful photospheres are to the reviewer
• Upgrade the criteria with old AMA
- There is another important point. By merging the AMAs and the statement that all AMAs are not valid, many important points have disappeared and are no longer mentioned. Are they falling away now? Because of this lack of information, there are only arguments and ambiguities in the community. Some still include the old AMA, e.g. in relation to bridges. The others refuse in principle. There must be an increase in the criteria, older points must be included and mentioned. If there are too many different camps in evaluating, it will all be a gamble for a submisson to be approved.
• Change & adjustment of the rule for private use
- The fact is that in different countries there are different handling of the rule or better still for the law of private property. As is the case with you in the USA, the laws are not even remotely like here in Germany. You can't invent a rule for everything that is completely pointless and then has to be applied. That needs to change. Niantic MUST adapt the criteria specifically for each country. Of course, that's work, but that's what they're there to make it available to users.
- With all due respect, Niantic has to continue to develop and adapt here, because if you are given the opportunity, you want to take full advantage of it and not be slowed down remotely, by defaults which, as I have to say, have no meaning at all. One is clearly aware that the rules are about legitimation, honesty & above all security and that would and should continue to be given.
Has the timer when reviewing been removed? I don't see it anymore.
I was reviewing for a while but at no point have I recieved any nomination reviews that are in my area or even in the state I live in. I typically get a ton of nominations that are in various languages that I can't read or understand. At first I attempted to do the best I could but my rating just went down and it got to a point where I gave up. I want to help but I can't review things I can't understand and even ones from other states if Google maps are not current makes it harder since I'm not familiar with the area. If I attempt to research it myself I get a timed out for taking to long. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to be but ive never received s nomination review from anywhere near me in CT USA. With that being said I have several nominations that have been in "Voting" over a month. On top of that people I know personally are nominating way points that shouldn't gave been approved. 1 is on a Pediatrics dental office/daycare another is at a Pediatricians office at the front door no less. A bunch were added aways from the location to get them into a specific game which had they nominated them even close to the real world location they wouldn't have made it in.
Same thing happen to me. :(