About location

Hi,

I would love whether someone can explain this.

When I am voting what is the difference between giving:

• 1 star on location (but maybe 3 or more to other parameters)
  • mismatched location (so 1 star from the beginning)
  • abuse --> fake nomination

I explain what I understood but please do not hesitate to correct me

To me 1 star to location is meaning OK I ACCEPT it is a maybe good wayspot but I cannot find at all on the map... Maybe with a photosphere it will be ok but I cannot recognize well the location at all...

Mismatched location: nomination is in a different street than the suggested in the candidature. However my doubt is: if I know or I see the object is somewhere else I can suggest the correct street if it's close (of course I will not search in all the area something that I do not see clearly)

Fake nomination something that is clearly not existing

However how do you discriminate between the three possibilities?

Could you give me a clear example? Thank you.

Comments

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

If you are reviewing the location and it seems plausible that it could be there, but you can't confirm due to tree cover, indoors, bad satellite imagery, etc. you should rate the location as 3 stars. That said:

1 star on location = You have good reason to believe the nomination does not exist at this location. Generally not used because you would give it 1 star overall and choose one of the rejection reasons below.

Mismatched Location = You have good reason to believe the nomination does not exist at this location, but it likely exists somewhere else. (If you can find the location nearby, you can move the pin to the correct location instead and rate the location 5 stars.)

Fake Nomination = The nomination does not exist at all (for example, the photo has been altered, or the submitter placed an item at the location for the sole purpose of submitting as a wayspot).

• pakoesilvia13-PGOpakoesilvia13-PGO Posts: 127 ✭✭

Honestly I was using a lot 1 star location when the item is very cool but you cannot find on the map. In this way my feeling is that if it is really my fault, giving 3 to 5 stars to other paramers would have less impact on something that looks good but that I cannot find. When I have the feeling that something is really somewhere else but I do not have idea where,i give mismatched... Because Fake nomination is new, before I was giving to that an abuse and explaining why in the comments... but at least in my city I think I only had once to say abuse for a clear fake nomination

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

All three options are equivalent, in that you are voting to reject the nomination.

The only difference is in the which of the rejection emails you prefer be sent to the nominator -- the top three reasons selected by reviewers are the ones sent to the submitter.