In-game reward for reviewing

Day by Day the Queue for nominations in line to go for voting/Accepting is increasing and less people reviewing , i have 7 nominations upgraded since last June and many after that but nothing is moving

We need more people to review and need to encourage people to review by giving some in-game reward for reviewing like stardust , rare candy , TMs .....

it could come in Daily tasks or in the weekly progress

for example :

• 1 review 1000 stardust
  • 3 review 1 rare candy
  • 20 - 25 review Elite TM
  • encounter rare Pokemon or Pokemon with special move

something need to be done the currant system is frustrating and more people are leaving than coming

Comments

• MohaXZ-PGOMohaXZ-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

got your point rewards could be a double edged sword guess no running from changing improving the currant system or doing both

" making the acceptance rating more transparent would be better solutions." agree that will help a lot

also if they could improve the reviewing locations , for me most of what I'm seeing/ reviewing me and my friends is from different countries and we have here many nominations stuck for months

it frustrating not knowing who or where is my nominations appears

it will be much better if reviewing will be based on the location ( GPS ) for example if i go to location A and open the wafarer i will see the nomination submitted in location A that will help a lot of communities and rural areas

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always felt a small reward, like 100 stardust for every agreement, would entice some people but not be an easily abused thing (and 50 ap in ingress, then whatever the same thing in hp is). Let's face it, this reviewing is us doing work for for for niantic, they should at least give some meager reward for doing it right

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any reward that would entice people will entice a subset of them to game the system to get it.

• MarioSGodoy87-PGOMarioSGodoy87-PGO Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

If you don't want to give items that unbalance the game you can give as cosmetic, visual items as rewards.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

I agree that no reward other than a badge or maybe some special outfit in PoGo (I'd love a Magellan outfit!) would be advisable.R Reviewers should do it because they like it, otherwise bad incentives will make the system worse than it is.

Nevertheless, cell prioritization should be reworked, as it's certainly contributing to the current problems, and a UI aligned with current criteria is needed. These two things are on the Wayfarer side only and should be easy to do without interfering with anything else.

Then there are modifications in the games, which might be harder. I agree that adding a what is this question in the nomination screens could be useful, as well as some validation questions for the submitter to complete, for example, is this in a home or a school? Make clear that abusing the system would lead to their not being able to submit more nominations.

Then, once those changes are in place, reach out to the players through the games and make the case for them to start reviewing.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

PoGo already has "rewards" compared to Ingress based on the number of reviews needed to get the top level Badge in each game - 2,500 in PoGo compared to 10,000 in Ingress.

people trying to abuse the system will always be there in any system rewarding or not we always have those people

and sure some will rush reviewing to get the reward but also other will not and they will do decent job

To reduce the abuser some extra questions / verification's could be add in the review and if not done correctly the review will not count and the reward will not be given

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, a top level badge counts towards the ability to rank up in both games. Just saying, it's a lot less effort required in PoGo than Ingress.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least you need it (Platinum Wayfarer badge) for platinum badges requirement for level 45 and 47.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats cause in ingress that badge means something as it helps level up, in pogo (at keast when it came out) it was purely decoration

• 52cucumbers-ING52cucumbers-ING Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭

It's one of (multiple) badges you can use for level requirements, yes, and you're right that it's not the most ludicrous one you could choose to go for. But saying it "helps level up" is a bit of a stretch.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

*Raises hand.* Still my first and only onyx badge.

--

Personally I wouldn't want reviewers lured by quick rewards. My rating has taken a hit every time there's been a wave of new reviewers.

A simple Niantic Wayfarer (+symbol) T-shirt or hoodie would be a nice unlocked reward/advertisement for platinum medal. Compare to Ingress Prime / Enlightened / Resistance T-shirts. Even better if there was a tie-in in the game (Ampharos ~ guide, for example).

Practically anything that would raise the awareness of the system would be nice.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah, a Mega-Ampharos cap as a reward would be amazing but it needs to be tied to a very large number of agreements. Imagine that mane...

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

By in-game tie-in I meant for example Wayfinder themed

release of new shiny; Nosepass and it's north pointing magnet nose

increased spawns, migrating birds, Chinchou(?), etc

And yes, this would be a straight copy of Ingress Prime launch, whic had a release of shiny Ponyta (blue) and something else (green) on Pogo side.

• FunneIWeb-INGFunneIWeb-ING Posts: 237 ✭✭✭✭

I think we need something other than upgrades as a reward. Personally I would rather earn the right to appeal a bad decision to Niantic instead. People are donating their time and effort to make submissions to improve the database and often they are thrown away by trolls or lazy reviewers.

There also needs to be more action taken to reduce bad sumbissions. The queue is backed up and reviewers are become disheartened and cynical.

My suggestion would be to scale players' submission allowance based on their acceptance ratio. For example...

0-10%=1 sub, 10-20%=2 subs, ... , 90-100%=10 subs

This will give players who have consistently made good submissions a reward of extra submissions, and restrict bad submitters from clogging the system. This would hopefully incentivise better submissions, reduce the queue, and give reviewers a better experience.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FunneIWeb-ING I think what would happen is that local cabals (groups of local reviewers that collaborate with each other in their decisions, possibly making their own rules) would wind up getting way more submissions than people who don't do that. It would also mean that multi-accounters could skew the rules in their favor by ensuring that they vote the same way on all of their accounts. (Editorial comment about multi-accounters removed.)

I'm pretty sure that you'd never get the right to appeal a "bad decision" to Niantic, or if that ever happened it would be like every 5000 agreements or some extremely high threshold. In-house reviewing is very expensive and doesn't scale, which is why they built OPR/Wayfarer in the first place. Niantic wants to do as little of this work in house as they possibly can.

• Fortnite290-INGFortnite290-ING Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

I would like it if it was an approved request for a point of interest (called a POI) instead of reviewing, it would be too tedious to keep reviewing all the time, as she has to count, only Wayfinders with "Good" and "Great" will count towards the badge of Wayfarer.

In Ingress Prime each portal submitted and approved and if it is in the Portal Network, you earn +1000 AP and a key for the discovery.

• Fortnite290-INGFortnite290-ING Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

So it would be good if a level 38+ trainer receives a reward for submitting a pokestop / gym, such as a minimum of 2500 EP and a maximum of 10,000 EP as a reward for discovering a point of interest, it's time for her to think and reflect on the other reward for the Coaches who can submit multiple POIs and get approved.

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I think the better way to get nominations moving is to reward the reviewers who are reviewing consistently and have great ratings with being able to see more nominations to review. Niantic could simply Implement another bonus location that Niantic could control in place good and great reviewers in places where the need is greatest

The reward is assuming that those of us with lots of reviews under our belts are also submitting lots of points of interest and would like faster upgrades

• ThorfinnsDad-PGOThorfinnsDad-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Extra nominations for great, prolific reviewers would suit me. 👍

• MessiPy-INGMessiPy-ING Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

According to your post you have 7 nominations in which you have already been able to improve those 7 nominations in these 7 months that have passed, with that it only gives me the personal impression that you have not yet passed the wayfarer exam or if you did it months ago you should have less of 100 total revisions in your statistics and you are one of the category that only makes requests and never qualifies and that is precisely why the system is full of requests in queue and in voting

so you made a baseless assumption & jumped into conclusion with !!? not very smart

just to make you sleep well at night I made around 3000 reviews and 4 or upgrades after the one I mentioned up there

it was just an example that things move slowly

relaxe

• B00JL5YI7G-PGOB00JL5YI7G-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

個人的に偽造ポータルを増やさないでほしいですが

個人的な報酬が少ないです(T_T)

pokemongoではPVPに注力されているので

wayfarerで博士のポーズが欲しいです。

何故なら私たちwayfarerは遺跡を屈んで調べているからです。

どうかよろしくお願いします。