Bonus Location Recommendations

Hey, all:

In a few months, I will be able to change my bonus location for reviewing nominations. Please list areas you would like me to consider as my next bonus location. I understand the intention of the bonus location is for areas one is somewhat familiar with, but I also understand there are rural areas which need a lot of help when it comes to reviewing. So, I'd like to start getting a list now for me to go back to and reference when the time comes to switch my bonus location. Note: My current bonus location is set to Wartburg, Tennessee, United States of America.

Thanks! 😀

P.S. Other reviewers can use this thread for the same purpose, too!

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally, most regions in Africa and Pasific Islands. And maybe some areas in Middle East.

And I also want to bring this up.

A Japanese player, who has a friend lives in Kabul, Afghanistan, telling that his friend submitted some nominations there yet none of them still not being accepted/rejected so he asking anyone to set bonus location to that area.

Just be careful when you considering this as your bonus location, you'll most likely won't understand their language—and their culture.

• Queenofgeek-PGOQueenofgeek-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

We could use reviewers in Albuquerque, NM. We have noms in queue for more than six months and the ones that get to voting take equally as long to get accepted or rejected. Zip code 87112.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

Los Angeles, CA has a backlog of 14+ months

• kabigomushi-INGkabigomushi-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

I know this Kabul player(in game friends) , but he is really inactive and he has submitted only 2 or 3. And I also set Bonus Location in Kabul, but almost all nominations don't have streetview even if they can't be seen from the sky.

So, I cannot recommend.

I recommend African countries, I want you to look at this post!

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Actually I would choose an area with few Wayspots. Areas with lots of wayspots and backlog can easily get their POIs approved with upgrading while some african/asian countries have struggle with getting their nominations approved due to a lag of reviewers.

I disagree, theres nothing EASY about upgrades. 14 nominations every 2 weeks, realistically, you can earn on a high end 6 upgrades every 2 weeks. There no way this is sustainable, and in no way EASY.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

The difference is that the low density areas dont have reviewers for few nominations. The high density areas have the reviewers. And you dont need to Upgrade everything. I got enough backlog so I could review for a long time without submitting something new. Additionally, you dont need to Upgrade anything, its all a matter of time.

Yes there are differences, and I know you said its what you would do, but I am commenting on you saying it is EASY. There is nothing easy about it, and 14+ months is not an acceptable time frame when other areas get responses in 1 week. You choosing to not submit anything new is your choice and shouldn't be seen as expected behavior.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are different points of view about this subject and each one can chose the one that they think if better for them.

If you set your bonus location in a place with very few PoI, you can help them to create a community by bringing the pokestops that they need, but there's a big chance that there are very few nominations around, so if you want reviews in order to earn upgrades, that might not be a good choice. No Pokestops -> No Pokemon Players -> No nominations & few people reviewing (so even if there's a nomination, you might not get an agreement).

If you set your bonus location in a place with many pokestops and players and with a huge queue then you'll always have something to review, I don't know if Niantic balances the number of candidates that you see from your current/home/bonus location, It would be interesting to know if a bonus location with a huge queue can fill up the nominations that you get to review. And when there are lots of nominations already approved, people go for lower quality nominations as the good ones have already been approved, so you might see a lot more trash than a place where people start to nominate and they send great PoI. Anyway, if you want to earn upgrades this seems like a sure way to get always something to review.

Choose your poison :-D

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

I review in Africa, in Abidjan atm. I was lucky to find a place with an active community but with very few stops. I think they had about 20. Now they have over 300 (which is extremely low in a city more than a million strong). What I have gotten so far has been lots of high-grade nominations. There has been some trash as well, of course, but the good ones are in vast majority. So I think if you choose an african city, you'll get mostly good stuff, and you will help out a lot.

The cities in West Africa, from Yaounde to Dakar, seems to be good spots right now, with at least some activity. Abidjan, Accra, and Lagos have, or are close to having, enough reviewers of their own. If I have chosen a spot right now, I think I would go for Conacry. I know there are submitters there, and it's a big city with lots of good stuff to nominate.

• Ragnar1O1-PGORagnar1O1-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭

If the point is to do a LOT of reviews to then get upgrades, select a place with a HUGE back-log. *cough* New York City. *cough*

If you don't want to review a lot, then select a rural area and expect to get the three and a half day review ban a LOT!!!

• attwmattwm-PGOattwmattwm-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭

I chose hometown location in Tokyo, and bonus location in some African country, then I can continue to review without having a long-term cooldown

, for even if I reviewed all nominations from Africa, the number of nominations from Tokyo is limitless.

• Could you guys set your bonus location to the lagos nigeria mainland, I've had a review there that's been waiting for 2 years🥲

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't expect that now Kabul is considered as unsafe location for playing, thanks to those Taliban. So it's a skip then.

As for Africa, the only option is to wait for another Wayfarer challenge to be held in a certain area in Africa, but looking at the upcoming Brazil challenge that Niantic still doesn't inform they'll allow reviewers outside of Brazil to participate..., yeah you know it.

• Entebbe, Uganda

Kinshasa, DR Congo

Monrovia, Liberia

Yaoundé, Cameroon

I am really looking for reviewers in these places… Pretty please.