Rejection criteria idea

No clue where to put this... but any chance that "No demonstrated historical or cultural value" could be added as a rejection reasons. I like the word demonstrated because it tells the nominator that such value might actually exist but they have done nothing with the title or description to indicate this.

For a lot of places I reject, the reason is that, often coupled with it is grafitti where it isn't likely to be there long. (When someone has tagged over a piece of grafitti art in a question if legal place...) are often my main reasons. Or could be.

And not sure if in those cases, i shoild really be giving a 2* up top and 1* in that category in order to givw the best feedback to nominator.

Comments

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's not a bad idea, but I would prefer to move away from the "historical or cultural" language. Perhaps "exploration, exercise, or social criteria fulfillment not demonstrated" or something like that. It's a bit wordy, but perhaps it could be abbreviated (with a fuller explanation after it's clicked).

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually think that should go away as a rejection reason. Historical/cultural value is not a mandatory criterion like safe pedestrian access, and there is no guidance about how to rate on that scale other than use your best judgement. For many things that are legitimate wayspots the historical/cultural value (in real terms, not what's asserted by reviewers) is zilch but some people believe they have to rate everything at least 3* on that scale.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

I'd replace the current "Other rejection reasons" (which is the one to use in this case) with "Does not meet elegibility criteria" which is much clearer and add "Does not meet acceptance criteria", maybe making it equivalent to a 2* rating.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does not meet eligibility criteria

Does not seem to be a great place of exploration, place for exercise, or place to be social.

The object is mass-produced, generic, or not visually unique or interesting.

Having these two as a dropdown under "Does not meet eligibility critera would be good. Really, all the rejection reasons mentioned on the Rejection Criteria page should be available as dropdown reasons on the Wayfarer review page.