Hotshot Learning and Tribute Center - rejected

It's a museum and a memorial, and a tourist attraction. I know it is inside a mall, so no street view, but it exists and has a website I linked to.

One thing I did notice is that if you search on the name, google maps has it in the wrong place. You can see in the photo is it near Dillards, and not on the outside of the mall as shown on google maps. I've requested google fix this and will mention it when I re-submit.

The pin was placed just outside, so it would be accessible even when the center was not open.

I never got a rejection email, so I don't know what it said.

Any tips to make it better when I resubmit this?

Comments

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,608 Ambassador

If Google has this in the wrong location, all you can do is create a 360 degree photosphere. You should do that for all indoor candidates. I might be more careful about using words like Fire Department. Unfortunately, people don't read and process info well. They might see those words and think "emergency services" and reject. I might call it a display or a tribute.

While it is correct, that title is really long. Find a way to shorten it. Maybe to GMIHC Learning & Tribute Center. That's just thinking ahead to if this gets accepted and maybe turns into a gym. People would report raids on discord and short names are better.

Your description is perfect.

In supporting I don't think I would talk about why or how it was formed. That is probably at the link. You could mention "Formed in response to community outcry for a memorial to the 19 brave heroes who lost their lives fighting wildfires, this learning center was located in the local mall to maximize public access and visibility."

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

The one big thing that I think is missing is the word "museum." I know they used the phrase "learning center" in the name, so I wouldn't change it there, but that phrase can make people think of some kind of school. A "museum," though, is a great nomination. I'd go so far as to say the description should start with the words "Museum and memorial" and then go on from there.

Also I agree that an abbreviated title wouldn't hurt.

• AgentCubebot-INGAgentCubebot-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭✭

I noticed that everything they have in writing says "Granite Mountain Interagency Hotshot Crew," except for the sign in the front window which is what I used as the portal photo and that says "Hot Shot" as 2 words.

• AgentCubebot-INGAgentCubebot-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭✭

GMIHC Tribute Center

Accepted. Thanks for the help.