Rubbish nominations

I seem to be wading through a lot of ordinary nominations when reviewing.

I try to give honest reviews despite thinking nominations are junk.

How do rubbish nominations effect peoples wayfarer ratings?

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would appreciate rubbish because all of the rubbish nominations are free agreements^^

Normally this should more likely push your rating, as long as you reject the rubbish.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

I rejected about 6/10 (approved a couple of nice trail markers, and did a couple of edits) just now and got a cool down. The problem with rejections of really bad submissions is they don't take very long!

One rejection was a boarded up shop front with "takeaway" and "need more pokestops and spawns". No useful information about it, and it looks closed! How long do I need to reject that?

Another was a lampost near a tree. No information about why said lamp post is special... If its Victorian and ornate, and you tell me about why it's interesting, then that's kind of cool.... But otherwise its not interesting at all.

Another was a picture of a big house taken from across a field, so could barely see it. Again, very little information about it, and if you can't even walk close to it to take the picture or describe it then why do I want to approve it? It might be private property, or maybe its just a really bad submission of something eligible... Bit if you don't tell me what it is then I can't help!

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

I regularly reject several nominations in a row. I've never counted, but I think I've reached up to 10 in a single streak, sometimes rejecting very bad submissions in seconds. Again, I've never tracked how fast.

Never had a cool down.

I think it's time for people to stop cargo culting and take Niantic words at face value: you've reached the end of your pile, there's nothing else for you to review. Come back later once there are new submissions to review.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

The message for a cool down is along the lines of "we have found some issue with your pattern of reviews, here's a 4 hour cool down, don't fall into patterns of behaviour when reviewing, review everything properly, check the criteria etc" and you get a 4 hour cool down. Nothing to do with conspiracy theories or reaching the end of the queue!

Post edited by FrealafGB-PGO on
  • Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

If that's the message you received then yes, that seems a legit cooldown.