Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Noticeboards in supermarkets

Answers

• Dice3423-INGDice3423-ING Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭

You feel 2 tennis courts next to each other are allowed. Because they are tennis courts. Technically they are. But if they create the same title, description and photo it is an issue. Especially photos, because niantic uses photos to port to games. Can you visually tell the difference between a church and a sign. Yes they are totally different. That is how we are supposed to decide on submissions. Locally is more important than people give credit for.

No you are just not paying attention and think I am playing in riddles. It is not a riddle it is real life situations I am supplying to explain how we are supposed to review. Just because you never actually knew and understand guidance on how to review properly is not my fault. I suggest waiting for the long thread that is pending approval. It may help. Be patient.

• AgentB0ss-INGAgentB0ss-ING Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats your review count? How many agreements do you have?

You like to provide countless unrelated "examples" that have nothing to do with the context of the thread. But yes please tell me how I should be reviewing.

Good luck with your sign.

edited April 2020

Redsolo said last year a persons count doesn't mean they are not understanding criteria for criteria. If you took a step back for a second you could see where redsolo also said ingress players caused the back up not me. You suggesting the wrong information may offend you being called out on it, but that isn't the intent. Be patient and wait for the approval. Then we can pick back up if you still disagree.

Post edited by Dice3423-ING on

Read your approval emails. "Please keep in mind that not all eligible pokestop nominations are able to appear live in Pokemon Go, depending on proximity to other pokestops; however they may appear in other niantic games. If you have any questions, please head overto our help center for additional information."

A duplicate approved but too close email. "Thank you for submitting Walkabout Waters Waterslide on Jan 3, 2020! We've reviewed your pokestop nomination and unfortunately, we're unable to add this location as it is already in our system. We've added the photo from your submissions as an additional photo to the existing location, which may be used in the future."

A wrongly duplicated response has a separate response in emails as well. Looking for that email. But it says "The community felt this was a duplicate".

Here is what you are supposed to follow...

Duplicate information from wayfarer help:

Checking for Duplicates

At times, you might come across a nomination that is a duplicate of a live Wayspot. In these cases, follow these steps to look for and mark duplicate Wayspots.

The Check Duplicates section will display a list of live Wayspots in the real-world area around the nomination. Scan through the photos and if you find a live Wayspot for the nomination you are reviewing, follow these steps:

• Select the Wayspot's photo
    • You will see a pop-up on the map with the Wayspot details. Confirm that it is a duplicate of the nomination you are analyzing
    • Tap or click the Duplicate button

I know casey responsed previously that confirmed the system for duplicates and also answered that things could be similar and approved if they weren't previously, tracking it down give me a little bit. See how the photo in question is already a wayspot below in the photos it is duplicate trying to get the same exact photo, title, and description as another wayspot. Different signs are not duplicates. Because visually they are different.

NianticCasey Niantic › admin March 6

Hi folks,

I know that people are very passionate about Wayfarer and that nominations feel very personal and advocating for them is fully encouraged. What is not allowable is attacking one another for disagreeing. I would hate to see folks in this thread get warnings for being too quick to respond or too proud to accept community guidance for how to improve their nominations.

@Tailpot while duplicate nominations are in fact what you described: the same nomination that already exists within the program that the nominator may not have seen when nominated. However, please keep in mind that our goal is not to ingest every possible POI to get as many Portals/Wayspots as possible, but rather to ingest unique, interesting, artistic or notable local hotspots where players could gather or learn/discover something about their community.

An athletic field is absolutely an example of this. An athletic field, the scoreboard on the field, the wall on the south end of the field, the home base on the field, the dugout of the field are not all eligible. In essence, these are all one singular gathering point so should be considered as a single Wayspot. If, however, there is a statue of a notable player on the team at the entrance to the field (and also not in the stands or on the field otherwise overlapping with the athletic field itself), that would be a separate Wayspot from the field.

It's important to consider both the individual POI itself as well as why people would go there. Are they unique from one another or are they parts of a greater whole?

To address the specific question asked: I would NOT consider a tennis wall and a tennis court to be separate Wayspots unless they are part of different facilities (i.e. one in a park and one in an athletic facility) or at different ends of the same park.

Hopefully that guidance answers the questions.

Here is the link https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/72089#Comment_72089

Found it. You should read the whole thread.

Casey is describing Locally Visually Distinct. Because multiple tennis courts are allowed in the same park but opposite ends of the park. Meaning yes you can have multiple tennis courts, you just can't have the same thing next to each other. Confirmed by Baseball field and a Statue being allowed.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is ridiculous.

In this page there are 7 (yes SEVEN) posts so by @Gabriel0322-PGO talking about tennis courts, pasting messages from other places instead of quoting them, and I don't think that anyone can expect that even if any admin replies and close the thread finally as it's totally out of hand, we can guess that the matter won't be settled and it will be brought up again with another little twist in order to try to get a sub-par wayspot approved.

Really? 7 post from the same person versus 2 replies of another user?

• GearGlider-PGOGearGlider-PGO Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

And that's not even counting the number of posts responding, clarifying, and refuting his poor-quality posts.

How many did you say were removed? 2 out of a 712? I'd say that is a pretty good assurance that I am not giving misguided information if only 2 were removed.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

Inwas gonna bring that up actually, it seems that every time I come on theres like 40 new posts in 3 or 4 threads, and when you go through at least half are dice/gabriel, jesus man give it a rest. The niantic staff aren't even responding anymore other than to end forum posts because of this

edited April 2020

Its not like people report every comment you make. I only report comments that are abusive in nature. So yea having even 2 comments removed is a bad thing.

Edit: that being said you have 1.3k dislikes alone meaning almost all your posts are disliked twice on average. Half your likes and insightfuls are Dice976Jr so those don't count.

Actually they are responding and removing posts that breach community guidelines. They are also shutting down threads where the community is bashing one person because the community lost their patience and composure. If a thread has civil conversations like I normal do, you would see they don't remove those. (Because I can be civil and I can ignore posts that are not civil.) Now others would have way more of their posts, especially if they weren't removed because of breaking community guidelines. Yet, these people are being praised by people for having their posts removed that breach community guidelines. (@NianticCasey-ING that is actually a bug that needs to be fixed. Votes on a post that are removed should be lost by that person for ranking on the forums.)

What are you even talking about? Most of us don't even have posts removed at all. There was that one thread you created that you entirely removed because your thread was so bad (I didnt include that in the 2). Thats the only post ive had removed and that was because of your thread not my comment.

They aren't bashing you because of anything you said, they are pointing out how many times you want to twist things in your favour. How many posts have you been the main talker? How many forums have ended up being shut because you just keep goi g on and on. Go and look, whe was the last time a niantic employee actually answered? Probably a full week ago because you keep spamming comment after comment after comment, just stop, if you dont agree, say one comment and leave it at that

Actually go back and read. Threads were shutdown because people were attacking people. Oh wait a lot of those comments are already removed by Niantic. An example is your own comments are gone where you broke community guidelines.

No, my comments are still there, I replied to you and unlike you, I had a LEGITIMATE reason why I accepted it, unlike you who likes to make up your own interpretations on the guidelines for your own gain case in point hospitals. And niantic are shutting g tem down because the threads get off topic, caused by you bringing up irrelevant points, seriously, just stop, stop spamming, stop ruinigthis forim for everyone else, if you think you are being attacked it's because you are moving things off topic, treating everyone with zero respect, shouting abuse and ban for no reason then playing the victim card, I'd you want people to "stop attacking you" answer the simple question the op asks in the thread and then move on

Casey responds fair often considering they also have other things to worry about. If people were saying something they shouldn't, the comment gets removed, even though you don't notice it. Flags exist for a reason. Hence why agentb0os would admit he has reported many and only 2 were removed for violation community guidelines. If, I was providing false information Niantic would step in and correct me, as it is their job. Niantic would shut me down in a heart beat. Now for people who are constantly bashing another person, that is on those players and those players lose those posts if Niantic deems them abuse. Sorry. Don't know what to tell you. We should be actually less than 40% because a lot of you have had posts removed for not treating another player with respect.

Would you stop misspelling my name? That’s the second time today...

I will try. But accidents happen. Shouldn't let a misspelling bother you. There is other things going on the world that is more serious.

Go and check te last time they actually answered a question. Go and check the last time they clarified. They havent, the last one I think I saw was my memory box, since then they dont clarify because they can't, you spam and spam and spam so that the original thread goes so off topic that it spills onto 3 other threads, stop, list stop, answer once, say your piece, keep it to do with the question only, then leave, simple as that

• bobofango-INGbobofango-ING Posts: 17 ✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING can you just lock this thread or something? It's just turned into bickering.... even after it was made clear that the noticeboard is not eligible.

That notice board is eligible under the direction of what casey provide. Community noticeboards are allowed as they are a community gathering spot for information. A digital notice board is no different.

• JSteve0-INGJSteve0-ING Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭

Digital noticeboards are not the same thing as a noticeboard in a supermarket where fliers are tacked to a corkboard. This topic should be discussed in another thread and this topic should be closed.

Never said they were the same as a super market noticeboard. But casey's response talks about community noticeboards in the community being outdoors. So yes it is valid in the topic.