Cross with leaves

I admit I am tired. I submitted what I thought was a pretty valid stop because it was a church. I used the mural on the rolldown door because it was the most logical visualization for this church and because grafitti nd murals are more likely to pass. It is visible on Google Street Maps and I made sure to put the pin in the right spot.

And still, it gets rejected. Meanwhile, every fourth thing I review seems to be a move request to free up a cell that gets reported as abuse (with no clue if any action is taken against submitters). I have more success in getting stuff deleted than approved. Making matters even more frustrating, players near me are getting things successfully moved away from where they actually are. In one case, this involved moving a POI to the middle of a construction site to free up a cell for a new stop. In Ingress, I can't even access the portal. I am at this point of no longer wanting to review because of the volume of bad reviewers and abuse successfully going through the system that I can get punished for reporting.

So yeah. That said, how can I improve this nomination?

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

If this is a church, nominate the church, not the mural/graffiti on its door.

And surely you can try to improve the description and supporting information.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'd actually take a step back and submit the whole church frontage. You can mention the significance of the mural too, but submit as a church.

It should be easy to get a church accepted, I wish you good luck on the resubmission!

• HannesTheHammer-PGOHannesTheHammer-PGO Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

I can see why your reviewers rejected your submission. If I were you, I'd show the whole church instead of the painted shutters. This way, you can show the murals, the painted shutters, and the sign above the door, which could add more validity to your submission. I can imagine that it would increase your chances by changing the title to 'Korean church Calle de Hernai' or something similar.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

A Korean church in Madrid should be something quite unique. It might make sense to add some more info on its history. Is it located in a neighborhood with lots of Korean immigrants?

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Madrid Full Gospel Church

as a title would give search results to the church webpage (in Korean) but also their Facebook profile.

As it's not a traditional looking church building, you may need to put some effort to description and support text.

• purplepopple-INGpurplepopple-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

@WheelTrekker-ING , @Lechtril-PGO , @KellaDesu-PGO

I basically followed the same nomination formula for everything I see that passes. Grafitti passes. Places with name signs do not pass. Descriptions appear to not matter. I have been down the road of improving text, including reference links in the extra information, writing up longer deacriptiona, doing Google 360 views, etc. They don't add to things passing locally in Madrid. Adding the name of the church doesn't seem like it will add to the ability for it to pass, especially if dealing with bias against churches that are not Catholic.

And the rejection reasons also don't match. It is visible. It is permanent.

Could all that be better? Yes. Absolutely. But given everything I pass, having a huge difference in reviews, I am just tired of this, even with nominations that don't improve my game play. I am not the only person in Madrid facing what appear to be problems. (And I can't get POIs incorrectly placed back to where they really exist.)

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fyi graffiti is usually ineligible. Murals yes. Nominate the church itself why would you nominate the mural as a representation of the church?!

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adding the name of the church doesn't seem like it will add to the ability for it to pass, especially if dealing with bias against churches that are not Catholic.

There is a Jehovah Witnesses's Kingdom Hall as a Waypoint just two blocks away.

https://intel.ingress.com/?ll=40.447425,-3.701478&z=18&pll=40.447425,-3.701478

I get that you have had disappointments, but nominating a mediocre mural painted on the door instead of a unique small congrecation doesn't really help in this case.

As Lechu1730 mentioned

A Korean church in Madrid should be something quite unique. It might make sense to add some more info on its history.

I'd go with something like this.

"Madrid Full Gospel Church or 마드리드순복음교회 is a Korean based protestant congregation. The church was founded in 1995 and nowadays arranges worships, study groups and seminars."

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think that wayfarers in Madrid vote in a different way, why do you ask here for advice?

And then we tell you how to improve the nomination and you dismiss it stating that the local reviewers don't care about our suggestions.

That doesn't make any sense.