Problem with confirming location of India Nominations

2»

Comments

• Missingn0Xpert-PGOMissingn0Xpert-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭

Just for the record, I didnt reject the shrine in the end. All credits for that one on google because without that label this submission would have been worthless and thats what I was trying to point out here.

• Jeroenix-INGJeroenix-ING Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭

The event's almost over, and I noticed one thing in my part of reviews: NONE of the submitters of India took the trouble to take a clear surrounding photo of their subject (in all my Indian reviews). Literally ALL photos were an almost exact duplicate of the main photo. There was also little help in the supporting statement except "we need stops".

We could've made more of a difference there with proper nominations.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, that is what i have Big Problems, too, especially with the shrines.

At least they should do a supporting Photo that Shows the shrine in the streets and surrounding Area.

Here in Germany we have worship places too But theY are mostly Crosses at fields.

If the supporting Photo is good you Always can Tell If the Cross is there, even If you cant See it on Satellite.

After talking to the local India Community all i Got was the Finger and told to my own Business.

• BobSaccomano-INGBobSaccomano-ING Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

I was reviewing in Kerala and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to review nominations. Some places with streetview, but even with those that didn't have it, satellite had the nominations clearly labelled. So many temples, churches, and shrines that are easy slam dunk acceptances that weren't yet Wayspots. Hope they made it through and are live now.

• loordgah-INGloordgah-ING Posts: 11 ✭✭

In a nutshell...

Bad submmiter education.

Niantic should ask ways to improve the submission procedure that they show in Pokemon Go.

Maybe in the first screen , with simple icons, inform submmiters about "your submission meets on these criteria? exercice, social or exploration" - the submmiter would choose the right ones.

"no mention any games"; "confirm that has safe acess"; "no submissions on PRP";

then on the support photo, the tutorial should say something like, walk away about 20 steps, then point your camera to what you want. click!"

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be good if we got any updates for nomination process in PoGo, but sadly any of our previous reports and ideas for fixing it wasn't used so far.

We had pretty nice thread about all game references from PoGo players, why they often wrote "this is good for pokestop" or some similiar text. Conclusion is, that's not really players fault. What would you wrote if you were nominating for first time and got text: "Please explain why do you think this should become a pokestop?". It's actual text you get in PoGo nomination process :/

In PoGo nomination you read everywhere that's it's just a pokestop nomination, and you will get information that it's for more than one game only in confirmation mail - and you recieve it after making nomination. We got plenty easy to make ideas how to fix it (for first changing words "Pokestop" to "Nomination" in every place it appear in nomination process, there were many nice ideas that inculde only changing text) and we didn't even get any reply for it. Nothing that was proposed by players to change in nomination wasn't used so far, and that's just sad :(

I agree 100% with you and your ideas for change, but now the problem is no response from Niantic for it. Without Niantic's cooperation it's really meaningless to post any more ideas, as none of them was heard so far.

• loordgah-INGloordgah-ING Posts: 11 ✭✭

@Maxyme99-PGO Niantic Users are quick to reply to the Invalid Wayspot Section, thats for sure.

Submmiters and reviewers need to be constantly informed about how to proceed.

There user-friendly ways for Niantic to achieve their goal without needlessly "stressing" out the submmiters and reviewers.

Oh well, but go-go Invalid Wayspot Section. That is the most important, apparently.

• KetaSkooter-INGKetaSkooter-ING Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Its my understanding that is only true of some category. Should this be a wayspot is obvious. Title probably true, Cultural or Visual, not likely as long as the other is rated higher than 1*, if safety is anything but 5* its probably a reject, and location 1* is probably a reject.

I really don't understand why this isn't easy for everyone.

• "Rate 5 stars if you can find the Wayspot nomination on the map and the marker is on or within a few feet of the object’s real-world location
    • Rate 3 stars if the Wayspot nomination is likely to exist in the real-world location if obscured by trees, or if you are unsure of the real-world location
    • Rate 1 star if the Wayspot nomination cannot be found on the map"

3* location rating should be the default for I cannot confirm or deny the existence of wayspot. Someone shows you a picture of a sign in a forest and satellite view shows a forest, 3*. Someone shows you a picture of a building and satellite view shows multi story buildings and roads, 3*. Someone shows you a picture of a small garden and satellite view shows multi story buildings and roads, 3*.

Post edited by KetaSkooter-ING on
  • MrRaffz-INGMrRaffz-ING Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

There are local wayfarer whatsapp groups which team up to make fake locations and fake wayspots . The tags are also fabrictaed. Almost everyone in kerala has a gym and a pokestop in his home. I am also a PoGo player but more active in ingress . Saying anything in local groups will only result in them grouping up and we become the bad guys.

To be clear: Local Wayfarer Group Criteria and Niantic Wayfarer Criterias donot match each other .

• Poeticmajesty01-PGOPoeticmajesty01-PGO Posts: 45 ✭✭

@MissingnoXpert-ING sorry for the late response as I was stuck with a few personal problems. I was trying to point out exactly that, if you can't find the poi due to poor satellite view, try searching for a label in G-map. Most of the shrines and temples are tagged in map with proper photo which can help you. You can identify fake tags which will have all 5* ratings without any good photo. Satellite view in India in very poor and due to poor network and device and a few other social reasons, it is not possible everyone can attach 360 photo with each nominations. So, before rejecting anything and search for these features. I am attaching a proof to show how bad satellite imaging in India. Go to this link- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Hx0agjkmv9rNe0z8GaZp3KxEVG7CyPN2?usp=sharing, you can see two images. The temple in the 1st photo is about 50 ft (~ 15m) tall. So, one would expect to find it in satellite view as it is quite a big temple and there isn't any tree to obstruct the view. But take a look at the satellite view and you can't find anything except just the mark. That is the problem here and I was trying to point out this thing.