Location edits?

dandeeni-PGOdandeeni-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2021 in General Discussion

Why isnt there a box to support the location edit,

I did a location edit and description edit because i saw others doing it and how else would people now why you want to move the waypoint.

All good move went through the gym was moved but still in the park and pavillion showed as a new stop.

A few days later i received this email

Hello Trainer,

We have confirmed that you have been trying to influence other reviewers to vote on your nominations/edits in a specific way.

We recommend you review the Nomination Criteria ( https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/pokemon-go/?l=en&p=web&s=in-game-locations ) before submitting any more nominations and avoid using any unrelated information/codewords in your submissions. Note that any further violations can lead to the permanent suspension of your Wayfarer and your Pokémon GO account.

Is there a correct way to edit a location with a reason or is it just down to guess work on the revewers end

Post edited by NianticGray on

Comments

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

The reason Niantic doesn't include a supporting statement for locations edits is because they want reviewers to be as natural as possible in determining which is the most accurate location. That is why they classify any attempt to influence the reviewers as abuse. Also, one really should not be putting in fake description edits regardless of the reasons.

Post edited by TheFarix-PGO on
  • dandeeni-PGOdandeeni-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

I agree about the fake description edits, if they made pokestops like portals and jusy had the 20meters rule instead of the 1 stop per cell, would be easier and better for spawns, i know of at least 4 portal that aren't stops and thats just in our village i cant imagine what its like in a major city or town,