Most Overused Portals

What is up with these mass portals?

Benches - I swear I get hundreds of random benches; some have those $25 dedication plaques to a deceased family member, some are just generic benches, some maybe are artistic enough to get approved. But these really are such low quality portal candidates I wonder why anyone bothers.

Little Free Libraries - we were told we could approve these now they have flooded the game. The vast majority of these are located ON private residential property.

Utility Boxes - I want to hang people for these. In a major city we get a utility box at every street corner. Everyone has some graffiti or artwork on it. Everyone is a unique hidden gem where comm hangs out. And I see so many of them getting approved by other reviewers! They are the most generic / mass produced / non permanent things out there.

Comments

• Don't forget trail markets posted every 1/10th of a mile. I love trail markers and interesting places to stop. But a 3 foot wooden post with numbers isn't unique. Maybe the half mile point only? Not all of them. If they are allowed, how abiut the ones on a highway, hm? They have signs every tenth of a mile in the US too.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Around here apartment complex playgrounds are what usually makes me stop the reviewing session.

As a sidenote @GodZillaz88-ING People don't nominate utility boxes, they nominate (good or bad) artwork painted on the utility box. Sounds insignificant distinction, but makes a big difference when reviewing.

• WandHerring-PGOWandHerring-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not disagreeing with you that too many trail markers are submitted, but the comparison is a bit nonsensical. Distance markers on highways are not safe to access by foot nor are delimiting a path promoting exercise.

• Aeryle88-PGOAeryle88-PGO Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

I don't agree with that because the interest of trail markers as wayspot is the fact they are located in natural area, and they are often the only eligible thing in places like forest.

Of course have one every 100m is not the best thing, but refused all trail markers despite Niantic allow them as wayspot is worst.

Once again, trail marker are often the only thing eligible in natural area and i think it's a very bad thing to refuse them as generic item because it's not the marker, it's the trail we are suppoed to evaluate.

Refused them if there is an other one on the same location (=duplicate) is the solution. But if it's the only trailmarker-wayspot in one area, it's should be accepted... It's the only solution we have to make niantic's games playable in area where walking in the main activity...