Russia Wayfarer Challenge: Earn double the rewards, plus 10 Upgrades, by reaching 7,000 Wayspots added by 16 June, 2021! Learn More

what can be done about a bad location?

I've tried to report a bad location before I was picked to be on here. I understand places like museums and zoos that you have to pay to get into are accepted but there is a Ford car company assembly plant that is a stop by me but it is only accessible to screened employees or by stopping on the shoulder of I75 which is a very busy and fast 75 mile an hour freeway. I mean seriously the stop was submitted and approved with a photo from a telescopic lense almost. I can't get close enough to report it.

Comments

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭

If it is accessible to employees, then there is nothing that needs to be done about it as it is a valid wayspot.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic have said many times that valid Waypoints need to be accessible to everybody. As long as authorised employees can enter the site then the Waypoint is ok and will not be removed.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the November AMA:

How does “publicly accessible” apply to locations that have limited access, like members-only clubs, gated communities, time-restricted areas? 

Just like with the definition of private residential property, this guideline hasn’t changed. These locations would still be eligible, including restricted areas on the grounds of a company’s headquarters or behind locked gates so long as there wouldn’t be objections to you entering the area and the location is accessible to some folks. We do not expect all players to have access to all locations but we strongly recommend following real-world rules while attempting to access locations.

• JayZweis-PGOJayZweis-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Must be safe and publicly accessible by pedestrians (indoor or outdoor). Publicly would mean everyone. Gated communities restrict access as do private company grounds Both of these areas would not meet the requirement of being public.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

See the AMA answer above. Niantic explicitly states that gated communities and private company grounds are perfectly valid locations. Public access doesn't mean it has to be accessible to everyone. It just has to be accessable to an identifiable community, whether that is residence of a gated community or employees of a company.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

So prisons and military bases are fine, then. I suppose minefields are okay as long as you are authorized and equipped with the right minesweeping apparatus. Oh, and airfields and jet taxiways are accessible to aviation workers, wild animal habitats are okay for zoo workers....

• Beckerbuns-PGOBeckerbuns-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Waypoints in private gated communities are okay but not little free libraries on PRP but accessible from the street. Frustrated by this rule but there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.