How long does it take you to review good wayspot nominations?

GearGlider-PGOGearGlider-PGO Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Playgrounds, Gazebos, Trailmarkers, etc. How long does it take you to review them? (Assuming you're able to identify their location on google maps/earth?)

Comments

• Edocsil47-PGOEdocsil47-PGO Posts: 150 ✭✭✭✭

Like a park playground clearly visible on google maps? Probably 10 seconds max.

The longest part of reviewing for me is usually verifying location, which can sometimes take a couple minutes if I have to line up a supporting photo to some buildings in an old street view. Verifying claims about businesses or historic sites can take a bit too.

Most nominations are like 5-20 seconds, with a few per session taking maybe 3-4 minutes? Ballparking numbers but that sounds right in my head.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good ones often take a little longer, probably a minimum of about 20 seconds just for all of the sanity checks.

Bad ones can be dispatched with in the time it takes to say, "Are you kidding me?!"

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,249 Ambassador

Can't say I average much more than 20 seconds actually looking at a nomination. I don't use W+ so I usually switch tabs to slow myself down to avoid cooldowns, or take screenshots of some of the especially bad ones.

Agreed with above on location verification. If Satellite/Street View doesn't immediately support the nomination, I'll take the time to look at the Supporting photo (and even primary) to see if it makes sense at the location, or decide if it needs to be moved or rejected.

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Average time is about 5-10 seconds. Location takes the longest, but it's not difficult.

Clearly rejectable nominations can be processed in less than 5 seconds (and that makes up a good chunk of reviewing these days).

This is why cooldowns are so frequent. People know the criteria and are so used to reviewing, but we get constantly punished for reviewing by the decision makers that probably don't ever review.

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't need more than 5-10 seconds of they are really bad or really good. For the other ones, it takes 30 seconds to several minutes. But as one tend to get cooldowns if you review too fast, sometimes I spend one minute looking at a random rock in the woods. :/

• R7Angelica-PGOR7Angelica-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

When I am reviewing I usually take 20-45 seconds. I try to take more time as I use to find myself thinking right of the bat I would reject or accept something, but after taking a longer look at the additional supporting information my initial reaction can be off. The old don't read a book by its cover adage.

Also don't rush reviews, it tends to lead to more cooldowns.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,619 Ambassador

Honestly like 5 seconds. Playgrounds doesnt differ a lot. Some are looking cleaner or have a nice design, those are getting a better ring in "visually unique", but thats all. A bigger Problem is the trash you need to review. I could reject 5 nominations in 10 seconds.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most submissions, very quickly, with a decision being made in 5 seconds or so. Why so fast? My review stream is comprised mostly of the same ineligible types of nominations over and over again - modern postboxes, generic footpath markers purporting to be "trail markers", road signs and supermarkets submitted because "not many pokestops in the area", together with a dash of bedroom wall poster PRP nominations, schools and various road signs. Being in lockdown, my worldview has been coloured by doing a lot of reviews. I actually walked through a local park recently and as I caught my first site of the park (park sign / playgrounds / tenis courts / pavillion / bridge) my brain was going "Yes, Yes, Duplicate, No, Yes. The fun bit was firing up Ingress to see if my observations were correct.

What does take time? Waypoints on newly built estates with no satallite or streetview. Fakes, where you have to go an work out where that misplaced pin really should be and then report. Things that look like a "possible" but are either badly described or where you have to follow a link or do some Google searches yourself to see if this community centre / trail / art piece really exists or not.

• iliaSerin-PGOiliaSerin-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

So, why does it even take months for u to decide anyways? If it takes that fast to decide for u all.. Still haven't heard anything from 7th of January where I sent 2... Since weeks it says u r voting for the 4 I sent in altogether this year... Must be really hard.

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the comments from individuals here aren't directly related to your specific nominations.

It's also simply not how Wayfarer works.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it takes a large number of reviews by many different players to review a single submission. We don't know how many, Niantic will give no clue beyond saying "multiple".

Also, we don't see all the Waypoints, we only get given a selection based on the various S2 cells, lots of discussion about this in here if you look. Some areas have lots of reviewers, some dont. some areas you have to wait longer than others.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@iliaSerin-PGO The factor is the number of people available to review your submission and the number of reviews each of them does, not the number of seconds it takes each person to look at it and hit the appropriate buttons. If there aren't enough reviewers, or each one is reviewing a small number of submissions, the queue backs up.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

Niantic started with a system where employees evaluated all submissions. Their workers could not tolerate the job, so they farmed it out to the public sector. Their programmers and IT people kinda suck, as well. So, here we are.

• Andrew0095-INGAndrew0095-ING Posts: 145 ✭✭

I have reviewed so many nominations that this has become less difficult. If I have Satellite View and Street View, I spend less than 5 minutes on each nomination. That excludes the ones that require me to guess. Some areas have Satellite View that is several years old and Street View from about 2000.

I do move the marker if able. If I get a church sign with the title First Christian Church and description Church, I give a no. The sign is not the church building. I type my reasons quickly and move to the next nomination.