Town Halls?

Are Town Halls eligible? I believe that they are not, But I could be wrong. Also, is a picture of the building good enough or does in need to be sign?

Tagged:

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Town halls are indeed eligible. They are often a historical building and the center of a city. I know about a lot of such POIs. So they count as eligible.

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

Common misconception, Not all town halls should be considered valid wayspots. Unlike Post Offices which are specifically labelled valid locations.

Town Halls or libraries are in that next grouping below. They cant just be town offices. There should be some aspect that is unique.

NianticCasey-INGMar 27, 2020

Hi folks,

Unless specifically noted, most government buildings are not eligible (including the DMV, and other "departments of...") for the same reason that we don't really accept generic businesses–they're not really gathering places or unique points of interest, like @oscarc1-ING and @JSteve0-ING called out.

Unlike city halls or courthouses (which can be tourist destinations, locations with unique architecture or places to gather) or libraries (sometimes architecturally unique but always centers for information), an administration building by itself wouldn't be high quality location.

Make sure you are highlighting some unique aspect of the building. Town meetings are held there or it has unique architecture. In general you are good but its not a 100% certainty.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

you’re quoting something pre criteria overhaul for one, and also in that they actually say town halls and libraries are eligible in that quote... it says these things are not. Unlike town halls and libraries then lists what makes each eligible. Ive never had a problem submitting town halls and libraries as they are inherently eligible.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

The post is pre-criteria refresh, but the information mostly stands. A town hall can be considered eligible, but not simply because it's government offices.

Town halls, courthouses, and libraries are more or less always accepted because so many of them are innately a place of gathering and/or exploration. I think the comment above yours was just just pointing out that "admin office only" style city halls aren't (typically) eligible.