What is wrong with my photos?

Could somebody please tell me what I am supposed to do to improve the photos with my submissions? This is the second wayspot I have nominated and the second time it has been rejected for "photo is low quality". It is far higher quality than many waypoint photos in my area, and without setting up for a professional photoshoot, I don't know what else I am supposed to do to improve them.

Comments

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you provide the rest of the details for your nomination as just going by the picture it looks like some light poles.

If thats what it is then thats about the best you're going to get for a picture

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would also like to see full nomination here. It would really help. And is it the only rejection reason you get?

My first thought is that you get it because it was made at night and is a bit blurry (not much, but a bit, but you can't really make it much better at night). For some people it's enough reason to reject it as a bad photo. I would accept it as photo but some people not. How it looks on day? If not much different (I know it won't have lights, but maybe it still be interesting), maybe doing photo at day would be a good idea. I know why you wanted to make it at night (it has lights so it looks better at night), but if this would help your nomination, then I think doind photo when sun is up would be good idea.

And what exactly is this nominated thing? It's hard to tell for me.

• HannesTheHammer-PGOHannesTheHammer-PGO Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

If this is some sort of light/art installation and the only problem is the picture quality, I would try to retake it during twilight. The improved background light conditions might enhance the picture quality

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Take the photo during the day. Remember its going to be cropped down and appear as a tiny image on a phone screen. Something like this would come out almost black, with little actual detail visible.

Post edited by sogNinjaman-ING on
  • Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

What ? NO NO NO NO NO

Were not supposed to take into consideration that an image is going to be cropped when used in game.

No one is meant to think, well this is going to be cropped so I'm going to take it like this.

Niantic can use the images in anyway they see fit for different games etc, how they crop it and use it for one game isn't the same for the others.

The submitter should just take the best picture of a POI they possibly can and not even think or take into consideration how its going to be used or cropped.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oooh, I do know this area, the new waterfront park in Gosford?

This was accepted probably a day or two ago, as this wayspot has been approved.

But I do know Tidal Terrace was approved earlier than this one, so even though the 'Nation painting poles' is already a Wayspot, only Tidal Terrace will appear in Pokemon Go.

Even though the photo above is still legible, it is still quite blurry unfortunately, and many reviewers are very particular about photos so that was the rejection.