How to improve

Hi,

How do I improve this? I assumed swings were exercise equipment at a park, but maybe I am wrong.

Comments

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would probably be easier to nominate the junglegym id think. Make sure to call it the park playground so that if you have a sign that could be a separate waypoint as well. I’m not sure if the ruling for playground equipment atm. If you can nominate two distinctive play areas or not. Could argue the swings are there own “play area” but its very subjective. Id try again worst comes to worst you may get it denied but looks fine to me

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jungle gym already exists as a Wayspot, named "Playset at the Park". Personally I'd mark the swings a duplicate, those are not exactly separate playareas.

https://intel.ingress.com/?ll=33.662341,-117.680534&z=18&pll=33.662341,-117.680534

The Lucania Park sign is also a Wayspot already.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

The official rule is "one POI per play area". I havent checked the location, but if the swings are on their own, they are in theory eligible. If the existing POI is named as the whole playground, its a duplicate, since it shows a part of the playground.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats not quite right

If its a playground and all the equipment is all together then yes its one POI for the lot of them.

However if items are at a "significant distance" from each other then they can also be accepted i.e. gym equipment or play equipment that has been spread out all over a park.

The problem is "significant distance" has never been quantified and is subjective between what one reviewer class as the required distance to another reviewer

Yeah thats why Isaid before irs subjective. To me it looks like they are indeed 2 play areas there since they are separated by the garden in the middle. So in my mind it would be acceptable.

• Nightmyst16-PGONightmyst16-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

That’s unfortunate. Without a clear consensus I risk wasting another upgrade. :(

• Pollaryss-PGOPollaryss-PGO Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

That's a tough one in my opinion... They look really close to each other, yet there is a separation... 2 play areas or 1 playground as a whole ? Kinda borderline I think... If I had to review this, I would check how it looks on the different maps and evaluate the actual distance. Using another upgrade is up to you, but if you're trying to get it integrated in PoGo, you need to evaluate the risk-benefit ratio. Even if your submission goes through, it won't appear in PoGo if it's too close to another POI. If we cross Intel and Pogomap, they all seem to share the same S2L17 cell (Pogomap isn't always accurate though).

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

As other mentioned, it's close to the playground so people might reject it because they will think it's still playground part or will choose that is a duplicate.

You can mention in support text that it's treated as second playground and not part of the other one, and that people can see it's sepearet from it, but I can't guarante people will accept it. I would also don't upgrade it too, you will wait longer, but local reviewers will review it and it might give you bigger chance that it will be accepted.

And as other mentioned, it rather won't appear in PoGo because it's too close to the other POI (playground), so if you really want to have new pokestop in this are, maybe nominate something else that is a bit further away from it. I'm not even sure if this one would appear in Ingress as portal, because it's hard to tell if they're more than 20 m away from each other, and if they not, it will be deleted because it's too close to different POI.