rejection of unreasonable or incorrect reasons

2»

Comments

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Similar thing here. Had some really foul rejections come my way today, including a community centre as a natural feature, a map clearly on streetview as a fake nomination and a plaque of a tree species also as a natural feature.

Make no mistake, I don't care if the nomination actually doesn't meet criteria, what matters are the incorrect reject reasons of things that actually do meet criteria. Why couldn't it be the opposite? Blanket accepting except for the absolute crudest and disgusting of nominations? I try to make an effort but people think a shopping mall is also private residential property, so there you have it.

There doesn't seem to be much doing on. I can only hope there is actual work being done behind the scenes.

• AgentMAenlight-INGAgentMAenlight-ING Posts: 227 Ambassador
  • bilde2910bilde2910 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

Thanks for investigating. It's really discouraging when you have to re-submit over and over to get a nomination accepted when it's being rejected for completely nonsensical reasons.

As a person example, I nominated the art and light installation in the floor of a university café, as can be seen in this photo:

Both what the artwork consists of, and the significance of what it represents was well explained in both description and supplemental information. Yet the nomination was rejected for:

• Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria,
    • The real-world location of the nomination appears to have explicit or inappropriate activity,
    • Photo appears to be tilted, sideways, or upside down.

I tried to resubmit, this time it was rejected for:

• The real-world location of the nomination could not be confirmed to have an acceptable pedestrian pathway leading up to it.

Yet another resubmit and upgrade later:

• The real-world location of the nomination appears to be on private residential property or farm,
    • Photo of the nomination appears to be of a live animal instead of a valid object,
    • Insufficient evidence that the nomination accurately reflects the submitted real-world location based on comparison of the submitted photo and map views.

Reviewers apparently think that art installations are living creatures, universities are private residences that foster explicit activity, and that the floor of the cafeteria is literally lava and dangerous to walk on.

In total it took me five submissions and four upgrades to get this to finally pass a few days ago. But I know that many others would not go to those lengths just to get a single nomination accepted.

I'd be happy to provide nomination IDs if requested, but right now I'm just glad I finally got it through. I'm at the point where I'm actually relieved and surprised whenever I get a sculpture or historically significant building accepted on first try.

• DerWelfe2205-PGODerWelfe2205-PGO Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

Yep. Submitted a university library recently and the rejection reason was "private residential property" and K-12 lol

I can live with "doesn't meet criteria" but those reasons are just trolling.

• Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

@bilde2910

your picture: nominee is only on the bottom-half and not even completely in the image, chair is partially blocking the view.

Sure you can't do better than that for the picture?

This one could be used as surrounding area picture, but I wouldn't use it as primary picture

• PhoenixOmicron-PGOPhoenixOmicron-PGO Posts: 57 ✭✭✭

Yeah I think Niantic changed the number of required reviews for waypoints again. As a result a lot of slam dunk nominations are being rejected by the type of reviewers who reject everything for petty reasons or reject in order to get more upgrades.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I'm at the point where I'm actually relieved and surprised whenever I get a sculpture or historically significant building accepted on first try."

That is, unfortunately, entirely accurate. I just had a statue in a public place accepted tha other day. It is an actual, large, public statue, I could also provide supplemental information about the artist and a datasheet about the piece itself. Still, I was surprised when it went through at first try, because it didn't have Street View (and i couldn't create a photosphere).

Just the fact that I was actually surprised by getting a near-perfect candidate through is telling IMO.

• AdhuPTY-PGOAdhuPTY-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Not a new thing for me. 95% of the rejection email I receive are like this. Inappropriate rejection reasons. Not sure if the reviewers are blind or whether they are just rejecting nominations based on specific places.

I'll attach the screenshot of the latest one:

Nomination does not appear to be permanent or appears to be a seasonal display that is only put up during certain times of the year. This one reason is okay as the reviewer might get a false impression.

But the rest, I don't think is a valid reason for rejection.

It's a memorial stone and the community have been accepting these for years and they are doing it now. So, I don't know why they selected doesn't meet criteria.

Next one is the worst one.

Photo of the nomination appears to be of a person or group of people instead of a valid object

This is ridiculous. Are these reviewers blind? I suggest Niantic should conduct wayfarer test for players below specific agreement ratio. Otherwise, they will accept trash and reject nominations for ridiculous reasons, which may flag the Nominator in the future.

Not to mention, majority of the Nominations submitted during India Wayfarer Challenge got rejected.

Also, submitted a Temple. But rejected for sensitive location, doesn't meet criteria, and for not having pedestrian pathway leading up to it.

Now, I'm going to post the screenshot of a YMCA Hall. I can't see any license plate in it. If anyone reading this comment is able to spot it, please help me to find it 🥺

If it was rejected for being a private residence or farm, it's okay as it looks just like a house in Satelite view and the place doesn't have a 360° photosphere. But photo appears to include recognizable license plate, is ridiculous. But yeah. It's not new for me. I've got mails where someone flagged for explicit content.

Then I had nominated 2 plaques, one was there from 2008 and the other from 1997. But one got rejected for being a temporary and seasonal display and the other for being a license plate. Not to mention that it's on Private Residence or Farm. 🤣

Also, a church got rejected by saying it have no pedestrian access even though the marker was placed on top of the building. Next time when I nominated it, it got duplicated to a cross in front of it. Tried again and now it's a Pokestop.

Now, I really wanna know what was the explicit or inappropriate activity in this mosque. I wish Niantic enabled us to ask reviewers for feedback.

I've seen so may wall murals as a wayspot. But when I submitted one, it's a temporary or seasonal display. Yeah. They are right. Wall murals are temporay and can be removed anytime. But it's applicable to every mural. Especially the ones inside the colleges and the ones used to provide public awareness about Drug usage, Hygeine, Wearing Helmet. But yeah. If those stuffs are being accepted, how come mine became a temporary or seasonal display. Or was it because it was nominated by me? Or is it because all the wayspots were from the place Pattazhy. There have been several atempt by players for changing title and description of wayspots. Trying to change everything near me in such a way that all the wayspot have the place name in it. Instead of using it as a suffix, the player who edited it used it as a prefix. So, if we check the Mark as Duplicate section, every wayspot have Pattazhy in the beginning. So, they can easily identify the place and the player nominating it. And can reject it. #Ingress_feud

Intel Link of the Wayspot : https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=9.080035,76.796041&z=15&pll=9.080035,76.796041

At first I thought it was the players attempt to change the title in Malayalam to English. But that was not the case here. Someone is trying to show their strength and influence in wayfarer and among reviewers. Not only Malayalam titles are being edited. There are numorous other edits where English titles were also edited and made the title ugly.

People prefer short titles. But this player edited and made it lengthy. Now the wayspot doesn't need description. Everything needed is there in its Title name.

Don't know whether to call it abusive.

I wish Niantic reverts all the wayspot edits happened in the 5 km range and yeah. Edits are not happening only in this place. They are targeting the submitter. Not the place. So, edits are happening everywhere our players has submitted.

This is another one. It's also a bit old. But I think this is the best place to mention it.

The wayspot was a chapel. But it's title was in Malayalam. The person who edited tried to edit it and make it a temple. The description clearly says it's a Chapel associated with a Church. But the abuser edited to make it a Temple.

These were some old edits. It was made by some ingress agents. But now these players has started new Pokémon Accounts and use it to kick me from gyms. I can't place in gyms. This is not a Metropolitan city I'm talking about. Just a remote village in India. Pattazhy. The intention of the players who make these edits are still unknown. Now the PoGo player who kick me is level 41. I don't know how they reached this level so fast. But yeah. They have to. Otherwise, they have to use their official Niantic IDs to make these edits.

There's a sacred Grove inside a temple nearby. Since we can't submit using pictures of trees, the submitter did it but using the picture of the plaque. The abuser edited it's title and made it a plaque even when the description says that it's Sacred Grove. I don't think reviewers are dumb or so. They just selected the most descriptive title without checking the description of the Wayspot. Fast reviewing is the problem. Now I can't submit various pictures of the grove which I took upon my last visit. Especially since the wayspot is just a plaque now.

Just uploaded the screenshots of old edits to show that it's the same person who is editing now.

Now there's a church nearby. It had title in Malayalam. But someone is edited it and made it English.

As in the wayspot description, the name of Church is Amalolbhava Matha Malankara Syrian Catholic Church, Arattupuzha (There was a minor spelling mistake in the description. As I said before. It's hard to convert Malyalam to English). But the board was in Malayalam and didn't have the word Syrian in it.

Recently they added a new board to the church and it is in English. And the name is clearly visible in it. We tried uploading the images to all wayspots here and most of them got accepted. But it didn't appeared in any of the games.

But the editor tried to edit it to Matha Malankara Church. The name isnt complete. And searching Matha Malankara Church in Ingress mission creating tool shows so many wayspots with similar name.

Then there's a wayspot which had the title Vadakkenda Arch, and the abuser changed it to Pattazhy devi temple Vadakkenada Arch

With title like these, who needs description?

The person who edited it doesn't even know where he/she should use Uppercase letters. Especially when using place names and mentioning names of Goddess. As I said before, it's not because of his OCD or something. It's just to show strength.

Now I'm uploading a recent edit:

The wayspot got accepted during India Wayfarer Challenge. But they made edits even bechire the event ends. The player is so fast and keen. If he used his skills for something good, it will be beneficial for the community. But yeah. It's their choice. As in the description, it's a library. But see the edits, the player made 2 edits. One just a translation of the Malayalam Text but with spelling mistakes. The next one starts with Pattazhy. See. The title is being edited so it starts with place name.

The other one was a good edit of the spelling is proper. But it's hard to convert Malayalam to English. And it's hard to read Malayalam words written in English. So, submitting in Malayalam is the best way to avoid it.

But when someone who doesn't know Malayalam shows up, it will be hard for them. But they can ask people nearby. Also, the description is in English. Then there will be another excuse. Intel map won't show Malayalam. Still, they can use Google Translate.

Yeah who will think of it? Because of that, I tried to edit titles in such a way that all titles have both Malayalam and English in it. But reviewers rejected it.

As I mentioned before, someone is editing to show their strength and influence in between reviewers. That's why my edit was rejected evethough it had both languages.

We tried contacting Niantic via Pokémon Go support and Ingress Support.

No use. All Pokémon Go support cares is about Money, Money and Money.

And ever since August 4, 2019, Ingress Support is showing partiality among both factions. Maybe the new producer of Ingress ordered their employees to believe and follow up only on what his factionmates say and to ignore what opposite faction is saying. I thought Niantic Wayfarer was faction neutral. But I recently saw some sort of partiality from their part. Especially they are closing tickets right after making positive decisions on portals owned by a specific Faction. But they don't close ticket if the decision is negative for the same faction.

Ah. I didn't wanted to discuss Ingress here. But yeah. The glow made. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

I don't have any evidence to prove the above statements. But Niantic does. Even though they have everything in their arsenal, they are ignoring players and their true issue.

Another issue I need to mention is that the in-game fonts in our language Malayalam is not showing properly. There was no issue with Scanner Redacted but when they released Pokémon Go and Ingress Prime, the fonts changed. It's showing properly in Intel map and Wayfarer. So, the issue is only with the app.

I read this post about Russian Language.

So, i believe Niantic can fix the issues with Malayalam too.

It's necessary as the people who edits Malayalam titles have a valid reason to justify them. They'll say that they don't wanna see junk characters. Even though they edited titles with English characters. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know the post is long. But I tried reporting everything mentioned here. But nothing worked. I think this is the perfect place for explaining the issue.

Please don't ignore @NianticCasey-ING @NianticGiffard

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

OMG yes this cant come fast enough. Thank you for addressing this. Its really starting to have a negative impact on my local pogo community as we try to expand our local game.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

But until this issue is addressed with valid or at least (regular submissions) being rejected due to incorrect or unreasonable things like explicit activity, it's as if I keep a constant diary of the daily rejections I get back. A nice little cafe that also sells giant beef briskets was rejected for explicit activity as well.

People should actually be proper and not troll for the likes of things, it's absolutely disgusting.

Hello,@NianticGiffard . It's been about three months since this post. How's the progress?

Recently, my nomination was rejected by incorrect reason. My nomination was tennis court.

reject reason :

• Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria
    • The real-world location of the nomination appears to be sensitive (e.g. non-historic or culturally significant gravestones or cemeteries).

What?? Tennis court is great place for exercise. But, according to reject reason is "Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria". I can't understand this reject reason. And also, this nomination is not Location Sensitive.

Other people's nominations have also been incorrect or blanket rejected. There's something wrong with the wayfarer community now.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador
  • Kawhinot-INGKawhinot-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

I've got so many strange and irrelevant rejection reasons on some of my nominations that I wonder if there is actually an error in the table that is used when generating the rejection email. For example, you get rejected for reason x, but it is reported in the email as reason y.

Today, my latest rejection was where I had a piece of artwork being rejected as temporary (it has been there for years and is clearly seen in streetview), as well as being in a sensitive area (which it is not). What makes is more frustrating is that I used an upgrade.

I actually had stopped reviewing/nominations for a while because of the associated frustrations, so back to taking a hiatus again.

I know that it is pointless to appeal here. However, if we don't report to Niantic that an incorrect rejection, Niantic may not know about it for a long time. It makes sense to report that there is an incorrect rejection.

Of course, if I believe that a rejected my nomination is eligible, I will submit it again and again until it is approved.