What to do about "choose the correct position"

Hi all,

what do you usually do, when you have the description "please choose the left destination" and you cannot determine if the nomination is in either one (or more) possible spots? I often tend to click "cannot be found" to be on the safe side.

Thanks for your input

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

If someone writes something like  "please choose the left destination", I vote for abuse.

Exactly this is considered abuse and can lead to strikes. If a location edit you submitted got rejected, use the forum. If a location edit got approved, you're good. No need to influence anybody and risk strikes.

If you cant spot the object, vote for "cannot be found". The submitted can also make use of the forum :)

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you cannot locate the poi using the map/street views, “cannot be found” is a good decision. If I get a location edit on something I can see, for example a pavilion, and both locations are on the object, I will usually be nice and choose the suggested location.

Submitting text edits to influence reviewers is considered abuse by Niantic so I definitely do not suggest putting in edits like that yourself.

• silverkali-INGsilverkali-ING Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Edits like that I mark as abuse as per Niantic instructions. Description edits shouldn't be made to influence the reviewer.