Sponsored locations and 400 Friends

Andrew0095-INGAndrew0095-ING Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

As many know, the limit amongst all Niantic games will be increased to 400 Friends. That will be nice but confusing. Since we can see which games each Friend enjoys, will we have an issue with sponsored Wayspots. I enjoy walking to IHOP for breakfast. As luck is, a Starbucks is almost right above IHOP with a sponsored Wayspot in Pokemon GO. Starbucks only sponsors in Pokemon GO. When the Friend limit increases, will Starbucks and other sponsored Wayspots become Portals like those that also enjoy Ingress Prime would like? I asked on Discord's question-and-answer site without clear response. I think I asked a new question. Each location I review that is usually sponsored gets a no from me. I think this will be a blessing and virtual curse at the same time.

Comments

• Pollaryss-PGOPollaryss-PGO Posts: 42 ✭✭

@1DeletedAccount-PGO I don't understand your question. What's the connexion with Niantic friends put together, and sponsored Wayspots ? I mean, yes I can see that some of my PoGo friends are also playing HPWU, and there are probably sponsored Wayspots in one game and not in the other, what's the problem ? There are already Wayspots showing into Ingress and not into PoGo/HPWU, why would it change for the sponsored ones ? I think I don't understand what you're pointing out.

• Andrew0095-INGAndrew0095-ING Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

@Pollaryss-PGO,

Since the games will in a way through the Friendship system, I was hoping that I could Hack while eating breakfast until I exhausted my ability. I am one that carries a battery with me because I drain my one phone playing both games. I doubt any change will happen but can hope.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Ingress doesnt even have a friend list. And the games has no connection to each other other than the same POI network.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, the other day, my friends lists in both PoGo and HPWU basically double in size. It seems Niantic now have their system look across all game accounts you have linked to an e-mail address, and any friends that are listed in one game but not the other automatically get dragged across if they too have a game account in the second game.

I can see that a lot of people have tried HPWU but have not kept it up. However, I'm told in local chat that deleteing an "i don't play anymore" account from one game will also delete it from the other, where they may be very active. Be nice if Niantic could confirm this.