Not actually duplicate?

I have recently come across a few nominations that appear to be duplicates. But it has occurred to me that perhaps that waystop does not appear in a certain game, therefore the off-named duplicate appears, gets 1* and no stop for that game.

My question: will all stops eventually appear in every game? Or how would you vote an apparent duplicate that gets repeat nominations?

Comments

• Shirokun3741-PGOShirokun3741-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

I think as Niantic says in its every eligible/non-eligible email that the accepted nomination might not appear in the game or it may appear in another game. It’s all for Niantic to decide. You don’t rate Duplicate Nominations you just Mark them as duplicate.

• Pollaryss-PGOPollaryss-PGO Posts: 42 ✭✭

You're not supposed to ask yourself if it shows in one or more game(s). You're reviewing POIs and you're asked to check any duplicate Wayspot. So, if you see that the nomination is already a Wayspot on your reviewing screen, it is a duplicate. It's not up to us to decide whether the spots will appear. If the submitter doesn't see the Wayspot, it means it has already been decided that it would not appear in their game. Plus maybe it's an old submission for a POI that got approved in the meantime (eitherway, on your side it's still a duplicate). I know it's disappointing when a good submission is a duplicate (I always feel sad for the submitter who found a great spot and doesn't know it's already a Wayspot, just not for their game...). At least for us it is usually an easy agreement...

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayfarer is about reviewing Wayspot candidates for the central database, not about any particular game. Each Niantic game has its own density rules that determine which things from the central Wayspot database will be live in that game. Niantic could certainly change the density rules for a specific game in the future, though they haven't shown an inclination to do that so far.

So yes, if it's a duplicate of a wayspot in the database then it counts as a duplicate even if it wasn't visible in the game that it was submitted from. It doesn't matter how many times it was submitted-- it's still a duplicate. It's possible that Niantic might change things in the future but as of right now no, not everything will go live in every game. And you wouldn't want it to, but that's a discussion for another time/place.