Maximum Number of Active Portals of lvl14 cell.

Hi,

I am trying to revive a dead area. What is maximum number of Pokestop that can be activated in a lvl14 S2 cell. I know each lvl17 can hold one active portal. And there are 64 lvl17 cells in one lvl14 cell. But what is the maximum number of active Pokestop ( only non-sponsered ) in one S2 lvl14 cell.

I don't want to waste my nomination for an inactive portal.

Tagged:

Comments

• WandHerring-PGOWandHerring-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭

As far as I know, it's indeed 64 pokestops and gyms. The fullest I've seen is 52, but it didn't seem to be because of a cap.

Now, while it's completely understandable that you want to submit POI with the biggest return on investment first, don't hesitate to nominate things in filled cells if you have too many nominations. Only PoGo has the S2 cell limitation, so you would be helping revive the other Niantic games.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Maximal number without abuse: 61 stops, 3 gyms.

Maximal number with abuse: unlimited (even with the change of the system with disappearance of edited Stops^^)

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was curious about the answer to the question in the subject line rather than the one in the body. The answer is that it depends on where on the planet it is. A L14 S2 cell can range from around 425m to over 600m per side. If you could space the portals perfectly on 20M centers then the L14 cell that I live in could have 729 portals. It actually has 50.

The L17 cell that I live in has three portals. Its theoretical max is 16.

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

For extra incentive for PoGO players though, Wayspots that don’t end up as Pokestops do tend to add more spawn points to the map, so it’s still worth it for PoGO players to submit everything accurately for selfish reasons.