Please help with this one.

First, let me get the mandatory gripe about the lack of clear reasons out of the way. Not sure why anyone would reject this as photo blurry (even if that was only one of the reasons). Had to get is out of my system.

The area is a small plaza with benches and greenery. I took the photo early morning because by mid-day the plaza is packed with people hanging out, eating lunch, enjoying the sun and being social. There is a bus stop and a Boris-bike stand on the south border of the plaza (public access), a Waitrose to the West, and a 4-meter wide water-wall on the north (made that the POI because it is the feature most people seem to enjoy most, taking photos of it and selfies with it). I realize (too late) that I shouldn't have upgraded it, but before I re-submit, would like some feedback on how to improve it.

Water Wall Water Fall

NOT ACCEPTED

UPGRADED

2021-03-21

Description

Wait for the bus or hang out on the benches by the water wall water fall.

51.48152252527503, -0.13821632430424738

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4815502,-0.1380055,103m/data=!3m1!1e3

Supplemental Information

The plaza by the riverlight block of flats is a gathering place where people hang out during lunch and after work. Folks sit on the benches and take photos by the water wall while waiting for busses (there is a bus stop a few meters away).

=====

This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

Photo is low quality (e.g., pitch black/blurry photos or photos taken from a car), Nomination does not appear to be permanent or appears to be a seasonal display that is only put up during certain times of the year, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria.

=====

Not sure how to address "low-quality photo". It is sunny, in-focus, decent composition. Who is reviewing this, Ansel Adams?

"Not permanent"? Everything in this photo/area is concrete, stone, or tempered glass. The only things that could possibly change without demolition would be if the grass or trees were to die.

"Does not meet acceptance criteria" is the mysterious phrase that I can't decipher. From the Acceptance guidance (https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/criteria#eligibility) It is "a Park or Plaza". It is a "Fountain or water Feature". It is "A favorite gathering place for friends or strangers alike, where you can share a drink or meal, be entertained, or watch public life happen."

Please help. This approval process is opaque to the point of seeming random. Very frustrating experience.

Comments

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

Focus on one thing in your description. Describe or tell something about the fountain wall, instead of the bus stop and benches. Also, try to take the photo a bit more closer, to focus on that wall. I can't see the water on it, so perhaps some reviewers rejected it for being just a wall.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

You call it a Water wall and I trust you, the problem is that I don't see any water in that photo.

Try to take a photo that shows a nice Water wall.

• Krabbesky-INGKrabbesky-ING Posts: 20 ✭✭

I Think people were confussed what to vote, since the picture contains nothing. I see a Wall, grass, stone, thats all.

you also describe something that isnt even shown on the picture, bus stop, bench, where?

for me this looks like nothing, so if the option (nothing on picture) had been there, everybody would have chosen

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Get a better picture of the "water wall" doing it's thing. My first impression on looking at the nomination photo was "what is supposed to be here, I don't see anything that could be a POI".

Your supporting info sounds vague - no need to mention buses or that "people hang out there". Be more definate and concise with your Title and description. Try something like:

"Riverlight Quay Water Wall"

"Approachable and popular water wall feature in a public plaza"

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be blunt, the water wall isn't exactly impressive and the photo doesn't help the situation. Also, there's two of those if my eyes don't fool me.

Is there a name for the plaza or is it "just" nice, open public space? Riverlight Quay?