Sororities and Fraternity Houses

I live in a college town. I had some sorority house nominations pop up today. My instinct is to deny these, as they are in fact private residences. I looked on the map and saw A TON of other sorority/fraternity houses have been approved though. Why is this? I get that it's located by the University, most of them have been around for a long time, but there's still people living in these houses, they are PRIVATE RESIDENCES. If the apartment complex next door isn't eligible because people live there, why should a frat HOUSE be eligible? Contrary to some beliefs, frat houses are actually private. People can't just walk into them off the street for no reason, it's only for the residents and their friends (ie: members of the chapter.) What is everyone's opinion?

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought there were "multiple occupancy" buildings, which means they can not be classed as "PRP" and should not be rejected on that basis. You don't have to go in them for a building to eligible.

As to whether they are an acceptable Waypoint, you have to evaluate them against all the rest of the acceptance and rejection criteria.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

The Private Residential Property rejection reason applies only to unifamiliar residential property. PoIs located in common areas of multi family residences, including the building itself, may be elegible on their own merits.

So a fraternity / sorority building, which can be considered a multi family building, could be elegible if there's something that makes it fulfill any of the elegibility criteria. Does it have unique architecture? Any works of art? Is it historical? Then it may meet the exploration criteria. Otherwise it should be rejected as generic and uninteresting.