Can you help me understand why this submission was rejected?

deixo93919-PGOdeixo93919-PGO Posts: 5
edited April 2021 in Nomination Improvement

Could you please help me understand why this submission was rejected?

I received an email stating that this pokestop is invalid because it is "closed to the cemetery" whereas it is 850 meters and 10 min walk according to Google far from the cemetery (see attached photo).

Despite I explained in the comments the historical background of how the link was created between Charbonnières les bains in France and Bad-Abbach in Germany, it was rejected.

Could you explain me what I shall do to have it validated? Does it mean that no pokestop within 1km around a cemetery can't be accepted?

Comments

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we see your whole nomination with supporting info and picture? Was there any other rejection reasons? I don’t understand the language its written in but it looks to be a village welcome sign(correct me if I’m wrong). Welcome signs for villages/towns are generally not eligible unless they are artistically unique.

As for the cemetery rejection, as long as its not in a cemetery you should be fine

• deixo93919-PGOdeixo93919-PGO Posts: 5
    edited April 2021

I just added another photo showing that it is accessible securely for walkers.

This is a welcome sign which is not the common one in every village of France. This one marks the specific link between twin cities in France and Germany.

Here is the translation of what is written in French "The twin city with Bad Abbach. This beautiful story began in 1977, thanks to the desire of the respective former mayors, Marie-Claude Reverchon and Emile Karl, to join forces with a German spa town. After two very friendly meetings, they signed the twinning charter between our 2 municipalities on June 25, 1978."

Here is the comment of the improvement: "Your application is rejected for the following reason: The actual location of the proposal appears sensitive (for example, tombstones or cemeteries that are not historic or of no cultural significance), The proposal does not meet the validation criteria."

I feel stronged as it looks like my improvement has been rejected for an inappropriate reason...

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

That text doesn't say that it's close to the cemetery.

• deixo93919-PGOdeixo93919-PGO Posts: 5

Then, what is a sensitive location if it is not the example? There is no emergency location, school, college, etc. closed to there. The closest public place is the cemetery.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

The text says that it appears to be sensitive, not that it's close to a cemetery. That's obviously a bogus rejection reason for this nomination, but even if it were correct, it doesn't say that it's close to a cemetery.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Village or Town signs like this are generally considered ineligible as "road signs". "Safe pedestrian access" should not need to be stated as all waypoints should have this, and the comment makes no difference to the nomination.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

You have two rejection reasons. Probably the real one is the second: the proposal doesn't meet the validation criteria. When I see you put some effort in the telling history behind the sign it seems most reviewers found it generic or uninteresting. Had it been a plaque instead of a sign I think it would have had a much better chance to be approved.

I don't see the title of the nomination, but if I were you I'd go for something like "Charbonieres - Bad Abbach Friendship Sign". Is there a reason why that particular town was chosen?

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why was the town chosen? Probably because the Mayor had a friend there and they both fancied having reciproical "free trips". Thats the way "town twinning" seems to work here.......