aearning centres and a community gathering place?

I've had a coupl of.nominations struck down several times and I'm not sure if there's a reason why they're ineligible.

1) Are community learning centres for colleges eligible? I've been struck down several times on mine but have seen them elsewhere and I can't find anything concrete in the rules. It's got a sign on the front that says it's a community learning center for the local college.

2) Is there something else I can do for this one? It's a great community resource run by local volunteers with a book library, a library of things and hosts a lot of social and tutored groups so I would consider it eligible but I just keep getting that it's not eligible and I can't figure out why.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

The title is not good - I've never heard of "Time Bank Plus". Your main problem is the photo, it looks very "generic", even on Streetview it looks like some sort of shop. I did confirm the overall details of your sub but it did take a bit of digging through Google and their website.

Yes - they do do all the things you mention but not all at this place, your description and supporting info need to be a bit more "to the point" and tell reviewers quickly what they are looking at, to help them get over the "generic boring photo". I would suggest something like the following:

Time Bank Plus Community Hub

Local community hub with internet cafe and free library, information point for local residents organising many events. See their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Time-Bank-Plus-199295856783029

If you "Community Learning Centre" is based at your local college, you are probably getting rejections because it is looked on as a school if the primary use for the site is for Under-18 education. This is correct.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Outreach type places like food banks are not good wayspots. The beneficiaries need privacy, and the staff/volunteers need to work. Some clients are mentally ill; more are just down on their luck and worrying about people judging them. They're not where you'd take an out-of-town visitor - out of respect for those who need the resources.

The stuff of the porch looks like a home less person lives there nights and weekends. Unless you're equipped to help them, it's best not to hang around playing a game they don't understand.

I volunteer at such a place - for years.