Which of these photos would you prefer to accept?

Hi, I have a question. Which of these photos would you prefer to accept and why?:)

Photo 1

Photo 2

and do you have any other tips for the photo? Since I had a lot of problems to take a picture of this soccer field.

Thank you in advance for your answers:)

Comments

• Arnecouwelier-PGOArnecouwelier-PGO Posts: 74 ✭✭✭

Ideally, find an angle that shows BOTH goals, to ensure it's a full pitch.

Don't go with the second. It doesn't take a genious to realise that goal isn't where it needs to be as it's placed backwards. Kinda defeats the point of having a goal. They can just move them to their proper place depending on what size the field is played (young kids often play sideways on half pitches), this one is just positioned as such to lock it in place to the gate..

• 4Pro4IV-PGO4Pro4IV-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭

@Arnecouwelier-PGO Unfortunately, my problem is that I can't find a place where I can achieve all of the goals in one picture. Otherwise I would have taken such a photo from the start.

• saarstahl-INGsaarstahl-ING Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

both are acceptable, neither is pretty

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recommend that you think about what the first photo would look like at postage-stamp size. Would someone glancing at a tiny little photo have any idea what they were looking at? I wouldn't. It's almost never correct to **** through trees/branches/plants like that because they draw the focus away from the candidate.

• 52cucumbers-ING52cucumbers-ING Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think any of them are particularly good, but I wouldn't reject a nomination over it either. They'd both probably benefit from having less fence.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to show both goals, there is no "requirement" to show a full pitch, a bit like a basketball half court, it is eligible.

Do not show a goalpost on wheels otherwise you will get a lot of rejections for "temporary".

Get up close to the fence for your nain photo so you can see it is a "soccer pitch". All you need is a good enough photo for the reviewer, you don't need to worry about what it would look like as a Stop or Portal photo. What they look like in game is of no importance to the game.

• 4Pro4IV-PGO4Pro4IV-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭

@sogNinjaman-ING I didn't even consider that it might be turned down because of the wheel at the gate. I will change that in the future.

Paying attention to what the wayspot looks like in PoGO or Ingress has never been and I will never do it.

@saarstahl-ING I actually thought so, but good that my thought was confirmed.

@Hosette-ING I thought about the planting. The problem is that almost all of the football field is covered with bushes. There is only one completely plant-free page and unfortunately you cannot take good photos there.

There is one more side that I can try. The photo will probably not be the perfect photo for a soccer field, but it may be better than the previous ones.

I thank you for your answers. I will take your criticism seriously and see if a better picture emerges after all.:)