Appeal for abusing removal of " Plaque de cocher de Pellouailles de la route nationale n°23"

Title of the Wayspot: Plaque de cocher de Pellouailles de la route nationale n°23 ( i don't remember exactly the right name)

City: Verrières-en-Anjou

"Plaque de cocher" Are from the XIXe century. It survived of WW1 and WW2. Around thousand exist again. It's recognised as historical by the French "ponts et chaussée" and each of them is recorded in à register. And it's forbidden by "Les Bâtiments De France" to unseal them from the buildings ( on public face area) on which they are because they are History.

For exemple here: the town Pellouailles doesn't exist anymore. It becomes Verrières-en-Anjou. Suette doesn't exists anymore too. It becames Seiches sur le Loir and now Rives sur le Loir.

i have made another appeal. My région idée massively attacked by malicious people. Just in my town, they make disappears around 10 legitimates POI. The big town next to mine, maybe hundred.

Please do something against them. Here, without improvement, votation Takes around 1year. So they are really a cancer for your games.

Best regards

And sorry for my bad english

Tagged:

Comments

• aAXalchemistXAa-PGOaAXalchemistXAa-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭

And please, stop their requests because they are probably trying to remove ten, twenty or maybe more others POI

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

This looks to be on the wall of a Priveate Residential Property, which would make it an invalid Waypoint.

In France, you cannot do what you want with your house when it faces the street. The facade is considered public. Here it is the national street. Almost all of the houses on this street already existed 300 years ago. There is no place. But as explained above, the facades are public here. Suddenly, the various State organizations such as "Les pont-et-chaussée" used them as a support. And when an element becomes historical, like the "plaque de cocher" here. So " Les Bâtiments de France" ensure their sustainability by prohibition grand the slightest modifications. This is what makes France an "open-air museum" and people come to visit France.

Everything is private here, church, Everything, but the State consider facade as public and for some, historical.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to Niantic's policy, anything on private residential property is invalid and grounds for removal. This includes the outside face of walls of home, fences, gates, doors, and security barriers. There are no exceptions.

edited April 2021

For example here. It is a plaque on a manor that explains its history. It is on the facade of the Manor and placed by the Town Hall of the city. What do we do? We should refuse it? It is a medieval city therefore very concentrated / tight and rich in history. The only way to tell the story is to do so. Put the plaque on the Manor.

Well, in the case of the "plaque de cocher", it's the same thing.

Post edited by aAXalchemistXAa-PGO on

Unfortunately, "PRP" trumps "Historic Location" in terms of Waypoint eligibility.

Technically, since the building is on the public / private boundary, the plaque is above the sidewalk. And in France, we call it the public domain. After just like that, I repeat to myself, the facade belongs to the public domain, house or building. They are part of the sidewalk.

If niantic thinks otherwise, they will open Pandora's Box for major cities in Europe.

Whatever the local laws, the Niantic guidelines are the only things applicable to Waypoints in Niantic games, and they have repeatedly said that Waypoints on the wall of a single residence propery are ineligible. They did not used to be , but they are now.

• Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Trainer. We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Pokéstop/Gym.