Merge Pokémon Wayfarer and Ingress Wayfarer to one account?

Dear Wayfarer community (and specifically you, Niantic/Wayfarer staff!),

Back when I created my Pokémon GO and Ingress accounts, I chose different e-mail addresses for both of them. Nowadays I don't know why I had done that, but it is how it is.

However, ever since Pokémon GO gained the ability to review others' submissions on Wayfarer, I have noticed that I also occasionally receive my own submissions from my Ingress account (this one I'm writing this message with). Later, once my Ingress account hit Level 11 (that was the threshold for gaining the ability to review back then, until it was further lowered to 10), I noticed it's the exact same there: I get some of my Pokémon GO submissions for review on my Ingress Wayfarer.

I don't want that because it feels like cheating. However, my previous attempts to try and get my Pokémon and Ingress accounts to use the same e-mail address have not been successful (tried linking both to the same Facebook account when signed in through Google, and tried linking both to the same Google account when signed in through Facebook). All attempts led to the clearly wrong error message that the "Account is already in use". I have explicitly asked Niantic in an e-mail conversation before that they delete the dummy second Pokémon account that was somehow created in early October 2016 and never used after that. It's clearly gone because if I try to sign in to an existing (NOT new) account in either game, it says there is no such account in existence. So why am I getting this error that prevents me from merging the accounts myself?

Since the separate Wayfarer accounts were my original inspiration to attempt these steps, I am posting my issue here. And I ask:

• Is it possible at all to merge separate game accounts to use the same e-mail address after they were first created using different e-mails? Has someone succeeded before, and how did you do it?
  • Is there some sort of "dummy" account created in the other games already, which is somehow blocking me from making the e-mails the same? Who can get rid of it, if it exists?
  • If I merge both Wayfarer accounts, will I see the previous and future submissions for both?
  • Will my posts in the Wayfarer community, made with @YoshiFan96-PGO and @Germiyoshi-ING , be preserved when the accounts are merged into one?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Germiyoshi (Ingress) / YoshiFan96 (Pokémon GO)

Comments

• Germiyoshi-INGGermiyoshi-ING Posts: 24 ✭✭

UPDATE on this matter (I'd appreciate anyone's input on this, it's been over a month since I asked!):

I signed into my Wayfarer accounts today and have found that on the PoGO Wayfarer, my stats were wiped. I thought the merge had finally happened... but that was a wrong assumption of mine. All the nominations I made through PoGO are still over there.

As I went to my Ingress Wayfarer account, I noticed that the numbers had changed. Instead of ~600 reviewed nominations, I was now at 2,248, obtaining 16 upgrades in the process. All these 16 upgrades still show... on my PoGO Wayfarer. The three upgrades I had scored through my Ingress Wayfarer... are still there, too. So that's a total of 19 upgrades over both accounts. But the new stats on my Ingress Wayfarer only show the 16 I had gotten reviewing on my PoGO Wayfarer. Which essentially means...

ALL the reviews I originally made through the Ingress Wayfarer account before the stats were transferred over... were overwritten and are now gone. Forever. Thanks, Niantic. That is not what I had asked for here!!!

To add on to this ridicule, if I log into the games, the Recon badge and Wayfarer medal still show the numbers I had before the merge happened... which is 591 on Ingress (the actual number is lower though as I have reviewed a lot during 2x Agreement events in the early days of the pandemic).

And on PoGo? The number is 1,622. That matches the amount of upgrades I had obtained reviewing on my PoGO Wayfarer, further confirming my observation.

Question to Niantic staff: Can the numbers somehow be corrected again? Do you have a backup of my Ingress Wayfarer data which you can restore? I actually haven't reviewed in a while as I was hoping this would make the process of merging accounts easier.

• grendelwulf-INGgrendelwulf-ING Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭

Just use one or the other, not both. Don't try to merge accounts or migrate emails. All it does is fuse trouble.

• Mantvee-PGOMantvee-PGO Posts: 1

I have the same issue. Scared to even start merging. Currently I login into PoGo with FB and one e-mail, and login into Ingress with another Gmail e-mail. Wish I could use either FB or Gmail interchangibly and get onto a single Niantic ID. Now I can't use Niantic Social in Ingress due to that, as it says Niantic ID is taken (by me in PoGo actually).

• I have the same problem. Pogo linked with Google account and ingress linked with Facebook account. When I try to link my pogo with my Facebook it says "this email is allready linked to an other niantic Profil." how can I merge this?