PLZ give me your advice x-(

Two wayspots have been denied as "explicit activities". I'm not entirely convinced of the reason.

One is a park and the other is a stationery store.

I would like your advice.

Since I am Japanese, I was nominated in Japanese, so I will directly drop the translation.

In addition, although it is not possible to confirm in the aerial photograph, it is properly described in the supplement that it can be confirmed in Street View.

1.south gate of F-pico arena fukuyama

[Supplemental Information]

thank you for your hard work. It is the south entrance of F-pico Arena (Fukuyama City Gymnasium). The design is designed with barrier-free in mind, so it is easy to get in and out from the south side with a gentle ****, and the back side of the signboard is also open. Although it is a vacant lot in the aerial photograph, I will post a 360 degree view, so please refer to it along with the positional relationship with the existing waypot (in this case, the playset area is easy to compare). And humbly thank you.

2.Ai-chan(Stationery shop mascot)

[Supplemental Information]

[Supplementary image] The appearance of the store. The signboard is so big that it is also a landmark. [Reason for recommendation] 1. Signboards that stand out from a distance, 2. Support from a wide range of age groups, 3. Community-based, 4. Famousness. Please refer to the supplementary image for [1]. About [2]. First of all, "Usagiya" is a stationery store that has 5 stores in Okayama prefecture, mainly in Kurashiki, and the Fukuyama Minami store is the only store outside Okayama prefecture. The store has a wide range of stationery miscellaneous goods for children, unique stationery, OA supplies, and high-end fountain pens, and the store can be explored as much as a thief, and is crowded with customers of all ages (especially many students returning from school). ). It also has a cafe (first affiliated store), so it also serves as a community space. About [3]. Here, we handle fountain pen inks of original local colors (Fukuyama is a color inspired by the city's flower roses, Tomonoura, Sensuijima, and Shimanami Kaido), "The World Unknown To Matsuko(Japanese famous tv show)" It was taken up in. In addition, we are in close contact with local companies, such as producing original masts in collaboration with local companies (processed paper that is familiar with mt) and setting up a local specialty (food) corner. About [4]. As mentioned in 3, we are focusing on ink, glass pens, and original fountain pens, and we have exhibited at many stationery festivals nationwide such as "Women's Stationery Expo", and we have a certain degree of popularity among fountain pen fans in particular. .. Based on the above, we have decided that the "spots that can be explored inside the store", "communication at the cafe", "locality and uniqueness", and "the signboard is unique and a landmark", so we have judged that it fully meets the alwayspot standard, so we recommend it. I will. Although it is a vacant lot in the aerial photograph, it can be confirmed from Street View, so please check the location and access from there. [Supplement] In addition, Ai-chan's name in the explanation and "Bouncing when you see a nice stationery" are official settings. If you look at the official website for this information, I think you can get the hang of it. That's all, but thank you.

Excuse me for the long message. I still don't understand why they were treated as "explicit activities". Thank you.

Comments

• stayKeener-PGOstayKeener-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭

Reviewers often don't provide accurate denial reasons. They often select whatever is easiest. So don't be discouraged by the rejections reasons as they are often nonsense.

Multiple signs in different locations (South vs. North) being used to essentially nominate the same thing (the arena) can be tricky. The arena is valid, the sign is simply a placemarker for the arena and is not valid by itself. I would change your submission title - don't call it a sign or an entrance, call it an Arena. Of course if the arena has already been submitted, it will likely get rightly flagged as a duplicate. In my part of the world, signs like this at different entrances often DO get approved, so you can always try and resubmit as is and see what happens though it's not explicitly valid because it's placemarker and not something worth being nominated of it's own merit.

To be honest, your second nomination is not valid. Just because something is big and (maybe) a landmark doesn't mean it's valid. I know mascots are big in Japan, but the sign nor the mascot really does anything to promote exercise, exploration, or being social with others.