Abuse of editing intentionally trying to move away from the correct position

During the examination, I met the following location information editing multiple times.

Title of the Wayspot: 三つ江公園 遊具

Location: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=38.225275,140.314693&z=17&pll=38.225275,140.314693

City: 山形県山形市

If you look at the aerial photos and Street View, you're in the right place right now. It seems that he has submitted edits many times in an attempt to intentionally move it to the east.

Some of them are designated on train tracks, not a place for people to enter, and are clearly inappropriate edits.

Please investigate this abuse.

Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for flagging, @Markov2097-ING! I'll pass along your report to our team for review and revert once we have details to share. I appreciate your patience until then.

• Markov2097-INGMarkov2097-ING Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

Additional information.

When I was reviewing it earlier, this edit came again. Compared to the previous time, the number of circles has increased, so it seems that an application for further displacement has been submitted.

I can't wait for the results to come back, and it's like a continuous post 😅

• Markov2097-INGMarkov2097-ING Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

I found a similar edit elsewhere. Since it is the same Yamagata city, I will add it here.

Title of the Wayspot: 元木白山公園 東屋(右側)

Location:https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=38.223702,140.316729&z=17&pll=38.224074,140.315449

City: 山形県山形市

A 360-degree photo has been posted, and you can confirm that the current position is correct by looking at the aerial photograph. The purpose is unclear, but it seems that multiple edits have been submitted to try to move it away from the correct position.

• NianticGiffardNianticGiffard Posts: 9,164 admin

Apologies for the delay, @Markov2097-ING. We have reviewed the report and have taken action on the Wayspots and the Wayfinder in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account. Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.